Utah entertaining us with stupid

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 18, 2013, 07:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric1958

Afraid I missed the part that would explain what this thread was about. Why did they knock over the rock, why was that rock important. What the hell do the boy scouts have to do with it?

Mermaid

Quote from: "Eric1958"Afraid I missed the part that would explain what this thread was about. Why did they knock over the rock, why was that rock important. What the hell do the boy scouts have to do with it?
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10 ... g-way?lite
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Eric1958

Thanks for the link. I don't much care for these kinds of idiots, on the other hand that rock did seem to go over fairly easily.

aitm

oh please, its a fucking rock. Get over your sanctimonious nonsense, IT'S A FUCKING ROCK.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GrinningYMIR

Hey, it might be a rock, but still its destruction of federal property no? So it's still worth a reprimand
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mermaid

So it's ok for people to do that? What about stalactites in caves? Coral reefs? Trees? They're right there, and they're fragile. Why the hell not push them over?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "aitm"oh please, its a fucking rock. Get over your sanctimonious nonsense, IT'S A FUCKING ROCK.
So if you go knock over grave stones you're OK too? They're nothing but decorated rocks.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

yeah yeah yeah, we disturb rocks every day all over the world but because they are not sitting perched precariously we don't have a sentimental attachment to it. Big whoop, yeah sure I am not advocating we run around knocking over boulders and blah blah but if one sees and thinks it is a danger, one should, in my opinion fix it. If they hadn't videotaped it people would have thought it fell and blah blah blah......
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "aitm"oh please, its a fucking rock. Get over your sanctimonious nonsense, IT'S A FUCKING ROCK.
So if you go knock over grave stones you're OK too? They're nothing but decorated rocks.

yeah, ride that horse apa.

AllPurposeAtheist

I see your point to a point. I'm more astounded these clowns did it so stupidly as if to say they saved innocent babies in strollers or something, but as boyscout leaders they should have known it's a national park and what they did was uhhh..illegal.

stromboli

It is a unique, 200 million year old stone formation in a unique small valley in Utah of which there is no equal, no other, no comparison anywhere else on earth. So let's go down to Arches National Monument and take a sledge hammer to the arches. Let's go to Bryce Canyon and destroy the Hoodoos, of which there is nothing unlike anywhere on earth.  Let's dynamite a side of the Grand Canyon and let it slide into the abyss. It is not a "fucking rock" any more than the Pieta is a fucking hood ornament or the Mona Lisa is a fucking selfie. If you don't have the sense of value of geological wonders, then fuck you.

aitm

AllPurposeAtheist

Fucking rock or not these guys are class A dipshits, especially the dipshit who actually did the deed. I suspect his car wreck lawsuit is about to disappear..

aileron

Quote from: "aitm"meh, its a fucking rock.

So who draws the line between "protected rock formation" and "fucking rock"?  It wasn't his decision or yours to make.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Owlix

These people are idiots. Just another example of why our planet is not so slowly turning to shit at the hands of humanity. Go us for destroying the only thing we'll ever live on!!!