News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Women jailed for miscarriages.

Started by SilentFutility, October 18, 2013, 06:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentFutility

AllPurposeAtheist

This is partially a result of US policies in years past of backing extreme right wing governments, death squads, etc. My neighbors in Texas were from El Salvador. They told me some hair raising stories..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"This is partially a result of US policies in years past of backing extreme right wing governments, death squads, etc. My neighbors in Texas were from El Salvador. They told me some hair raising stories..

Yeah. I knew some people from El Salvador years ago, and it was the same. Worse than that, we have laws on the books right now in Utah and Tennessee

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/te ... 4/24/38401

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/te ... 4/24/38401

and other states. This is nothing but subjugation of women's rights.

Solitary

Jesus H Christ! Is there anything that religion can't do to make life hell on earth with their ignorance and political ties?  :roll:  When is the human race going to evolve beyond superstitious nonsense and ignorance?  :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Solitary"Jesus H Christ! Is there anything that religion can't do to make life hell on earth with their ignorance and political ties?  :roll:  When is the human race going to evolve beyond superstitious nonsense and ignorance?  :evil:  Solitary
Certainly not in our lifetimes..To much money to be made by religions..

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Solitary"Jesus H Christ! Is there anything that religion can't do to make life hell on earth with their ignorance and political ties?  :roll:  When is the human race going to evolve beyond superstitious nonsense and ignorance?  :evil:  Solitary
If only evolution actually implied "progress" as we understand it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SilentFutility

A large factor in this seems to be medical ignorance. You have to be pretty uneducated to think that if a woman miscarries she's done it on purpose.

This really is terrible, having a miscarriage is probably psychologically traumatic enough without being persecuted for it.

AllPurposeAtheist

Miscarriages are fairly common among the women in my family.. Must be because they never really attend church. I guess my mother's corpse needs posthumously jailed. :roll: