News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trolls

Started by SGOS, October 16, 2013, 06:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

It's our own falt for calling this place "Atheist Forum." We would be getting more variety in our trolls if we were called the "Bum Looking Enthusiast Forum."

kilodelta

We must change our name to Atheist Trolls Forum!!! That way we could discuss our plans of joining religious forums, acting totally committed to their faith, then after a few years, act like we discover Satan and witchcraft. We'd then attempt to convert others to evil and watch the religious forum members sodomize themselves trying to get us to reconvert. And then we'll take back the White House! Ahhhhhhhh!!!
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

GSOgymrat

I think some people are accidental trolls. They start out thinking they are making a good point, are shot down and then start spewing personal attacks and nonsense. I've watched as people have completely lost their minds. My favorite troll is what I call the delusional genius, who insist their intellect is so advanced that anyone who disagrees with him is just too stupid to understand the subject matter. As he gets more frustrated he retreats into jargon and "impressive" words that he clearly doesn't know how to use correctly. If this goes on long enough he will inevitably bring up quantum physics, even if the topic is fast food, because quantum physics sounds really impressive and he's gambling that no one reading understand quantum physics enough to recognize he has no idea what he is saying.

SGOS

Quote from: "GSOgymrat"I think some people are accidental trolls. They start out thinking they are making a good point, are shot down and then start spewing personal attacks and nonsense. I've watched as people have completely lost their minds. My favorite troll is what I call the delusional genius, who insist their intellect is so advanced that anyone who disagrees with him is just too stupid to understand the subject matter. As he gets more frustrated he retreats into jargon and "impressive" words that he clearly doesn't know how to use correctly. If this goes on long enough he will inevitably bring up quantum physics, even if the topic is fast food, because quantum physics sounds really impressive and he's gambling that no one reading understand quantum physics enough to recognize he has no idea what he is saying.
I've seen that too.  I think some so called trolls have good intentions, but haven't thought their issue through.  Then they go berserk when confronted by large scale disagreement.  This is where the sort of lose their minds (I prefer simply saying "they lose it") and adopt absurd tactics designed to avoid embarrassment without having to lose face by conceding.