Take the intellectual fight to them.

Started by Brian37, October 14, 2013, 11:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

Before I begin. I must insist that believers understand, what I am saying here is not a human rights issue. Every atheist here has to some degree believing family and friends and co workers. No atheist should be in the same utopia mindset to think "if only everyone were atheists". On a planet of 7 billion and in an imperfect species, there is no utopia and we should deal with reality the way it is, not the way we want it to be.

It is ALSO possible for the atheist to value the human struggle, such as Ann Frank, Martin Luther King Jr, and Malala, without believing in the gods they profess. Atheists in the west, for the most part are always on the side of minorities and have had a long history of supporting the rights of minorities.

However, there is a fight going on, and politics and religion are dividing humanity, and all religions are used as weapons to claim moral superiority over others. And there are masses of humans suckered by clearly con artists out of their money  over the stupid idea that a utopia is possible at all.

Two of the biggest con artists are cowards and refuse to debate anyone anywhere, and it is up to those of reason to take the VERBAL ONLY, intellectual fight to them.

Here are the facebook pages of Joel Olsteen and Benny Hinn. I invite you to go there and put counter arguments on their pages. You most likely will get deleted, but the more of us that do this, the harder it will be for them to ignore debate.

But not just on facebook. Any media or newspaper website where ANY believer of any religion makes a post, counter their arguments with facts. We wont make religion go away, but when it ignores facts and when it poisons minds and fleeces people out of money, only facts and reason can keep these people on a leash.

https://www.facebook.com/BennyHinnMinistries

https://www.facebook.com/JoelOsteen?rf=106009516105438

And just for shits and giggles, here is Banana man's farcebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

Might work if about 10 million atheists all got on the same page, but good luck with that. We can't even get a thread here with everyone on the same page much less their sites.
You DO realize we're the extreme minority, right? While our ranks may grow it's not as if we'll be the majority any time soon..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Don't bother it doesn't work?

Spoken by someone who has not paid attention to the history of the atheist voice.

Back in 01 there were only a handful of atheist pages on the web. Now we have dozens of famous atheist authors, tons of atheist websites, and you cant google the word "atheist news" without seeing an atheist related story somewhere in the world.

You don't have to be famous to make the effort. I started out ON THIS atheist page back in 01 and if it were not for the voices there, I would not be here today.

Every bit counts, no matter how small you may think it is.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

Ok.. you're right. I'll confess.
I'm basically lazy and apathetic.. more or less. :lol:

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Ok.. you're right. I'll confess.
I'm basically lazy and apathetic.. more or less. :lol:

It isn't for everyone, but again, like I have said elsewhere I have posted this, the more open we are, the better future, not only for atheists, but the better future for all.

Solitary

I still can't believe in this age there are people that still listen to religious authority and support the Church and churches even if they believe in God. Organized religion is what to go after, not theists, in my opinion.  :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

We could start an insurgency to subvert the churches from within, but that requires people to pretend and act as church leaders..
Oh wait.. That happens all the time as is..

Brian37

Quote from: "Solitary"I still can't believe in this age there are people that still listen to religious authority and support the Church and churches even if they believe in God. Organized religion is what to go after, not theists, in my opinion.  :evil:  Solitary

I can, evolution isn't about fact finding, gullible people can fuck and make babies just as easily as the educated.

Solitary

Even easier when they're told birth control is a no no and babies are a gift from God by authority figures, and they belong to the Quiver society.   :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Posting comments on Benny Hinn's website isn't going to change squat, but electing actual reasonable people might. Even that's a huge uphill fight that's gone nowhere so far.
I'm just tired of arguing with people so basically I tell them to go fuck themselves with their crosses..

GrinningYMIR

I can't directly support the effort, because I still live in an area surrounded by nutballs who believe that birth control is "the devil's work"

Yeah...

But I do support the spread of atheism, if nothing else for the fact that it seems religion, at least the ones we have right now, are keeping humanity from going forward.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Posting comments on Benny Hinn's website isn't going to change squat, but electing actual reasonable people might. Even that's a huge uphill fight that's gone nowhere so far.
I'm just tired of arguing with people so basically I tell them to go fuck themselves with their crosses..

Says you. Will it cripple  him. No. But it might wake up someone who might consider following him, and certainly with younger generations who are more open, it will act as a virus protection.

I am not worried about getting everyone all at the same time. But putting him on display on his turf can even give other atheists the courage to be open in their own personal lives.

To say it wont work is bullshit. It took one question from another person to me in my past, that put a crack in my belief. I did not deconvert overnight, but it did work on me. Will doing this deconvert everyone? No. Can it help YES.

AllPurposeAtheist

That's what I like. Optimism! Instead of one drop of water in a bathtup being empty you see it as 1/10000000000th full. :lol:

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"That's what I like. Optimism! Instead of one drop of water in a bathtup being empty you see it as 1/10000000000th full. :lol:

Glad women and blacks don't think like you.

Once again, I am not looking for a delusional utopia where one day every person on the face of the planet will suddenly stop believing. But only a fool thinks we should never do anything ever.

I do it so maybe in more places atheists in the future will have it easier. I've had someone try to fire me merely for seeing the word "atheist". I have been shouted at for the same reason. That is tame compared to knowing other atheists fired, lose their apartments, and personal property damage. My own younger sister faced a shitstorm from our family when she came out.

Again, tame compared to other atheists who have been murdered in the middle east and I'd suggest you ask Ayaan Hersi Ali if she thinks being an open atheist does not help.

I am not out to save the world, but I will spend my life fighting absurd claims and the credulity that always leads mass delusion that causes human cruelty.

Again, if we always remain silent, they win every single time. I'd rather put up a good intellectual fight, and maybe it will help one person, than do nothing at all.