News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Tin Foil Hats

Started by Jmpty, October 12, 2013, 09:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"I can only hope I am included as being in the Tin Foil hat crowd.   :-D   Better to be in the Tin Foil hat crowd, then in the crowd which worships the corporation run government and thinks the corporate press always tells the truth.  I just can't wrap my mind around being a neo-Nazi or neo-Marxist.  Both of which are just different flavors of collectivists intent upon enslaving the masses under their rule.
No need to worry about that.

Quote from: "drunkenshoe":rollin:

You guys need a real left wing.
I'd settle for a sane wing at this point.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Solitary"[ Image ]

Not exactly a new thing.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Well, if Nonsensei wants a conspiracy theory, let's take a look at the big one.
QuoteThe United States House of Representatives Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) was established in 1976 to investigate the assassinations of John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr. The Committee investigated until 1978 and issued its final report, and concluded that Kennedy was very likely assassinated as a result of a conspiracy.
//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations
Of course we are suspicious of the group which decided this.  They tend to lie like politicians.

From the article you linked.

QuoteThe sole acoustic evidence relied on by the committee's experts to support its theory of a fourth gunshot (and a gunman on the grassy knoll) in the JFK assassination, was a Dictabelt recording alleged to be from a stuck transmitter on a police motorcycle in Dealey Plaza during the assassination. After the committee finished its work, however, an amateur researcher listened to the recording and discovered faint crosstalk of transmissions from another police radio channel known to have been made a minute after the assassination. This was supported by the National Academy of Science article.[citation needed]
Further, the Dallas motorcycle policeman thought to be the source of the sounds followed the motorcade to the hospital at high speed, his siren blaring, immediately after the shots were fired. Yet the recording is of a mostly idling motorcycle, eventually determined to have been at JFK's destination, the Trade Mart, miles from Dealey Plaza.[citation needed]

In 2001, this criticism of the Committee's acoustic evidence was rebutted in a Science and Justice article written by D.B. Thomas, a government scientist and JFK assassination researcher. He concluded the HSCA finding of a second shooter was correct and that the NAS panel's study was flawed. Thomas surmises that the Dictaphone needle jumped and created an overdub on Channel One.[5]

The 1981 Committee on Ballistic Acoustics was charged with reviewing the HSCA's acoustic evidence, they concluded that the acoustic evidence of conspiracy was invalid. Donald Thomas who reportedly performed the first independent peer review of the HSCA's work and who people think was "an expert on acoustic testing" never read Thomas' own report on his work with the acoustic evidence in which he acknowledges that "he is not an acoustic expert." [6]

In 2003, computer animator Dale Myers used various films from the day of the shooting to plot the locations and speeds of the motorcycle police officers during the assassination, and concluded that no police motorcycles were anywhere near the precise microphone location on Houston Street required by the Committee's acoustic experts.[7] Myers' study confirmed the same misgivings voiced by HSCA photographic consultant Richard E. Sprague in 1978.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

ApostateLois

Foil hats are made from aluminum, not tin. Just sayin'.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"