When atheists listen to music, how do you explain the feelin

Started by MmmAtlas, October 12, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"Yeah, lets complicate things and use conspiracy theories, lol :P
Edit: Birds use their wings to fly. :)
It flaps ;)
But it is useful when it comes to school, if someone do wish to study birds more ;)
If they plan to make a career out of it of course ;)

Quantifiable and reproducible scientific evidence is a conspiracy theory? The kind of conclusions that come out of someone who is only willing to look at the surface of anything are pretty funny. Keep that 'wisdom' coming  :rolleyes:

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Icarus"
Quote from: "MmmAtlas"Yeah, lets complicate things and use conspiracy theories, lol :P
Edit: Birds use their wings to fly. :)
It flaps ;)
But it is useful when it comes to school, if someone do wish to study birds more ;)
If they plan to make a career out of it of course ;)

Quantifiable and reproducible scientific evidence is a conspiracy theory? The kind of conclusions that come out of someone who is only willing to look at the surface of anything are pretty funny. Keep that 'wisdom' coming  :rolleyes:
;)

Colanth

You explain how the world works by using science.  That's basically all that science is - a way of finding explanations.  You asked how we explain something, so why are you surprised that we use the best method of arriving at explanations that the species has ever come up with?

(You prefer using feelings to explain feelings?)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Colanth"You explain how the world works by using science.  That's basically all that science is - a way of finding explanations.  You asked how we explain something, so why are you surprised that we use the best method of arriving at explanations that the species has ever come up with?

"(You prefer using feelings to explain feelings?)"
Bingo, you hit the jackpot! :)

Sal1981

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"
Quote from: "Colanth"You explain how the world works by using science.  That's basically all that science is - a way of finding explanations.  You asked how we explain something, so why are you surprised that we use the best method of arriving at explanations that the species has ever come up with?

"(You prefer using feelings to explain feelings?)"
Bingo, you hit the jackpot! :)
That's circular.

PickelledEggs

The thing I can't understand is how someone can start such
retarded threads. Are you serious about these posts? Every
one of these threads are such mindless questions. "When atheists
listen to music, how do you explain the feeling?" I'm getting a
little tired of this.

PickelledEggs

^I'm calling it. I am now also backing out of these MmmAtlas threads until someone else figures it out.

This is getting a bit retarded

Solitary

MmmAtlas, I created this painting, you can't explain that! Does that make me a god?  :shock:

:roll:  :rolleyes:   :P  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"
Quote from: "Shiranu"That isn't the definition of nihilism, though.

Quotethe philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism can also take epistemological or ontological/metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that reality does not actually exist.

Yes, there are some doctrines of nihilism that are atheistic, but that is just a few doctrines out of a much wider field. It's like saying all biology is microbiology.

Works for me. If i had to explain to someone. But no worries :)
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

From your own picture, it is saying modernity, not nihilism, has that position.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Solitary"MmmAtlas, I created this painting, you can't explain that! Does that make me a god?  :shock:

[ Image ]   :roll:  :rolleyes:   :P  Solitary
It leaves much to the imagination, cool picture.

Jason78

Turns out there's a whole section on it on HowStuffWorks.

Hearing
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Jason78"Turns out there's a whole section on it on HowStuffWorks.

Hearing
Oh, but that is hearing not feelin ;)
But nice :)

Jason78

Then you're going to need to be a little more explicit in exactly what it is that you want to know.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

EntirelyOfThisWorld

When I hear a well crafted work of art, like Beetovens 9th, or Jethro Tulls Thick as a Brick, it's as close as I'll ever come to a religious experience, outside of having sex of course.
Freedom is Free.  It\'s included in Democracy.  Democracy is Hard.  It involves coexisting with people who think that sayings like "Freedom is not Free" actually makes some kind of sense.

FrankDK

Feelings are illusions created by the brain to elicit behaviors which increase the probability of getting one's genes into the next generation.

If you love a woman and child, you will be more protective of them, and increase the child's probability of surviving and reproducing.  If you fear a sabre-toothed cat, you increase your probability of evading death.

The genes that produce a brain that creates these illusions become more frequent over time.  That's the definition of evolution by natural selection.

Frank