How come Abraham and Disciples say they are Muslims in Quran

Started by YurmaGetto, October 10, 2013, 07:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YurmaGetto

When Islam didn't come before the 7th century. After these events took place, how come the old prophet and the cult of judaism could know of Islam, when it didn't exist yet?
Quran: 2:127 -128
And [mention] when Abraham was raising the foundations of the House and [with him] Ishmael, [saying], "Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed You are the Hearing, the Knowing.
Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

Quran: 3:52
But when Jesus felt [persistence in] disbelief from them, he said, "Who are my supporters for [the cause of] Allah ?" The disciples said," We are supporters for Allah . We have believed in Allah and testify that we are Muslims [submitting to Him].

I appreciate your answers ^^

Plu

Because they changed the words. These books have been translated dozens of times, and their meanings have changed from time to time, when it suited the current ruling class.

YurmaGetto

Quote from: "Plu"Because they changed the words. These books have been translated dozens of times, and their meanings have changed from time to time, when it suited the current ruling class.

I see ^^

pato15

When you write a holy book, you get to make up whatever wacky shit you want. For example, look at this excerpt from the Book of Pato15:

Pato15 5:22
     And then Moses said, "Verily, I have heard the will of God. God wants YurmaGetto to give all of his money to Pato15 in the year 2013."

Now how did Moses know about our screen names, let alone the Gregorian calendar, when he lived thousands of years ago? It must be a sign from God. Want my PayPal info??
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

YurmaGetto

Quote from: "pato15"When you write a holy book, you get to make up whatever wacky shit you want. For example, look at this excerpt from the Book of Pato15:

Pato15 5:22
     And then Moses said, "Verily, I have heard the will of God. God wants YurmaGetto to give all of his money to Pato15 in the year 2013."

Now how did Moses know about our screen names, let alone the Gregorian calendar, when he lived thousands of years ago? It must be a sign from God. Want my PayPal info??

Mmm... i am not gullible enough ^^
But you sound nice ^^

SGOS

Quote from: "YurmaGetto"Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.[/b]
Putting "in submission" in brackets shows you are indicating "Muslim" is not being used as the name of a religion, but as an action.  It would suggest that Muslim was a word commonly meaning an act of submission, and Islam simply used the word to describe its following.  I'm not going to say that answers your question.  It's just what your question seems to imply.  

By the way, do you have a proposed answer to your own question?  If so, by all means get it out there.

YurmaGetto

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "YurmaGetto"Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.[/b]
Putting "in submission" in brackets shows you are indicating "Muslim" is not being used as the name of a religion, but as an action.  It would suggest that Muslim was a word commonly meaning an act of submission, and Islam simply used the word to describe its following.  I'm not going to say that answers your question.  It's just what your question seems to imply.  

By the way, do you have a proposed answer to your own question?  If so, by all means get it out there.

So what you are suggesting is that, Muslim can be used for those who are submitted to a religion.
Which kinda works, since Islam means Submission.
Hmm...I see.

SGOS

Quote from: "YurmaGetto"

So what you are suggesting is that, Muslim can be used for those who are submitted to a religion.
Hmm...I see.
Your quote using brackets does not imply that Islam means submission.  Is speaks to the specific word "Muslim".

What is your explanation for the quote?

YurmaGetto

QuoteSo what you are suggesting is that, Muslim can be used for those who are submitted to a religion.
Hmm...I see.our quote using brackets does not imply that Islam means submission.  Is speaks to the specific word "Muslim".

What is your explanation for the quote?

If you google what "Islam" means, then you'll find it ^^
Muslim means the one who submits to Allah.
A litte ignorant about some other parts on Islam. But no worries ^^
I like that you ask questions, you seem nice ^^

YurmaGetto

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "YurmaGetto"Mmm... i am not gullible enough ^^

:-k

You seem nice ^^

SGOS

YurmaGetto

Quote from: "SGOS"How do you explain the quote?

I thought i explained the question? ^^
What do you want me to explain, my dear sir ^^
baa.....

SGOS

baa.....
No, you asked a question: "... how come the old prophet and the cult of judaism could know of Islam, when it didn't exist yet?".  You didn't account for it.  You did not explain anything.

YurmaGetto

baa.....
No, you asked a question: "... how come the old prophet and the cult of judaism could know of Islam, when it didn't exist yet?".  You didn't account for it.  You did not explain anything.

No, no. I asked a question on how the old prophet and the disciples of Jesus Christ could know of Islam, when they labeled themself muslims, in which is written in Quran. Which seemed to me to be weird, since the Quran was written after these events?
That was my question, and now i have gotten the answers ^^
So i think i have gotten the answer to that.
But no worries sir, i like that you ask ^^
I hope this helps ^^

baronvonrort

Quote from: "YurmaGetto"When Islam didn't come before the 7th century. After these events took place, how come the old prophet and the cult of judaism could know of Islam, when it didn't exist yet?
Quran: 2:127 -128
And [mention] when Abraham was raising the foundations of the House and [with him] Ishmael, [saying], "Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed You are the Hearing, the Knowing.
Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

Quran: 3:52
But when Jesus felt [persistence in] disbelief from them, he said, "Who are my supporters for [the cause of] Allah ?" The disciples said," We are supporters for Allah . We have believed in Allah and testify that we are Muslims [submitting to Him].

I appreciate your answers ^^

Mohammad tried to pass himself off as a prophet in the jewish religion, he fasted on the jewish day of atonement and adopted many dietry and dress rules from the jews.
The jews rejected Mo the Pedo as a prophet in their religion, this is covered in the Sira of Ibn Hisham amongst other books.

Mohammad was a thief a highway robber, the Quran does say allah gets 20% of all war booty, when the jews rejected Mo the pedo as a prophet in their religion he stole all their prophets to create his  religious cult and to this day muslims accuse the jews (and everyone else) of following a false corrupted religion.