Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Dominionism

Started by josephpalazzo, October 09, 2013, 07:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

QuoteU.S. Sen. Ted Cruz—whose father is Rafael Cruz, a rabid right-wing Christian preacher and the director of the Purifying Fire International ministry—and legions of the senator's wealthy supporters, some of whom orchestrated the shutdown, are rooted in a radical Christian ideology known as Dominionism or Christian Reconstructionism. This ideology calls on anointed "Christian" leaders to take over the state and make the goals and laws of the nation "biblical." It seeks to reduce government to organizing little more than defense, internal security and the protection of property rights. It fuses with the Christian religion the iconography and language of American imperialism and nationalism, along with the cruelest aspects of corporate capitalism. The intellectual and moral hollowness of the ideology, its flagrant distortion and misuse of the Bible, the contradictions that abound within it—its leaders champion small government and a large military, as if the military is not part of government—and its laughable pseudoscience are impervious to reason and fact. And that is why the movement is dangerous.

http://truth-out.org/news/item/19264-th ... government

_Xenu_

Let them rage all they like. They have no chance of gaining real power.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

AllPurposeAtheist

Nothing new here. The Bush family was part of those fucks too..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Colanth

"reduce government to organizing little more than defense, internal security and the protection of property rights"  Christian?  It's everything the uber-wealthy need without wasting a penny on anything they don't need.  It's the wealthy using religion as a tool to control the masses. Now where have we heard that before?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh come now.. Religion tosses some of us crumbs. Almost the whole homeless industry is run by religious organizations. Why, I live at the Y.. They get federal dollars to do this..
It's one of the reasons I went ballistic at the VOA and their Paul Robeson impersonator/preacher. They pulled that at their 911/veterans memorial/big hug for jesus party.

Oh yeah, about the VOA.. The dead mouse was returned to me safe and unharmed. :lol:

PghPanther

You know the funny thing is that unless you are a fanatical fundamentalist most Christians I know are too busying working and living their lives to take their faith seriously........as a result most Christians are moderates who love living in the advanced society from the progress of science and outside of their own world's comforts could care less about dominionism.........sure they might agree to various degrees but they won't bother getting involved with it..........

IMMadAsHell

There's something about this guy that just doesn't look right to me.  I don't agree with a word that comes out of his mouth, but when I look at him I get the feeling that he just a little bit too slick and a little weird looking.  It's the saying that people used to say of "Would you buy a used car from this guy" and, to me, the answer is a definite hell no.

He reminds me of a snake oil salesman.
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony

Two hands working can accomplish more than a thousand clasped in prayer. – Anonymous

mykcob4

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"
QuoteU.S. Sen. Ted Cruz—whose father is Rafael Cruz, a rabid right-wing Christian preacher and the director of the Purifying Fire International ministry—and legions of the senator's wealthy supporters, some of whom orchestrated the shutdown, are rooted in a radical Christian ideology known as Dominionism or Christian Reconstructionism. This ideology calls on anointed "Christian" leaders to take over the state and make the goals and laws of the nation "biblical." It seeks to reduce government to organizing little more than defense, internal security and the protection of property rights. It fuses with the Christian religion the iconography and language of American imperialism and nationalism, along with the cruelest aspects of corporate capitalism. The intellectual and moral hollowness of the ideology, its flagrant distortion and misuse of the Bible, the contradictions that abound within it—its leaders champion small government and a large military, as if the military is not part of government—and its laughable pseudoscience are impervious to reason and fact. And that is why the movement is dangerous.

Sounds like libertarians and tea partiers to me and of course it's out and out treason.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"

Sounds like libertarians and tea partiers to me and of course it's out and out treason.

Though I agree with you in spirit, however in a democracy, people need to have freedom of expression. So it is incumbent that all of us get well informed. With dissemination of the proper facts, people should be able to make better choices at the voting booth.

AllPurposeAtheist

Here's the rub.. Almost no politician with a few exceptions will tell us which rock of 'Christianity' they crawl out from under. They just make the generalization, 'I'm a Christian' and that's it then the media reports it AS IF that alone should qualify them to lead us to [insert generic bullshit] never questioning doodly squat about their special blend of fucked up sky daddy belief..

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "_Xenu_"Let them rage all they like. They have no chance of gaining real power.

Having a senator IS real power.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Mister Agenda"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"Let them rage all they like. They have no chance of gaining real power.

Having a senator IS real power.
So is having one in the whitehouse as in Bush..

Gerard

First I heard about Ted Cruz's father being an dominionist was here:

[youtube:3rhwgu8m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52oZuEzyxKE[/youtube:3rhwgu8m]

Gerard

Solitary

Thanks! Awesome video and lady. Religion and leeghoofds like that is some scary shit!  :roll:  :evil:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gerard

Quote from: "Solitary"Thanks! Awesome video and lady. Religion and leeghoofds like that is some scary shit!  :roll:  :evil:  Solitary

She has a video like this on YouTube almost every Sunday and it's a pleasure to watch!

Gerard