Weird medicine - poop pills

Started by Atheon, October 06, 2013, 02:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Pills made from poop cure digestive tract ailments.

I guess the expression should be changed to "Eat shit and live."

Link
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

caseagainstfaith

I read of something similar, but even grosser, weirder.  Fecal implants where they take feces out of one person and surgically place it into the digestive tract of another. I guess this is a non surgical method.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

LikelyToBreak

Seems like eating things with probiotics might be better as a rule than taking poop pills.  Also, I suppose my acidophilus pills could be considered to be poop pills.  

caseagainstfaith wrote:
QuoteI read of something similar, but even grosser, weirder. Fecal implants where they take feces out of one person and surgically place it into the digestive tract of another. I guess this is a non surgical method.
I think the more usual less invasive approach is to get a stool sample from someone, and then "feed" the person the poop through a feeding tube run through the nose.  I think this becomes necessary when for whatever reason a person takes too many antibiotics.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Seems like eating things with probiotics might be better as a rule than taking poop pills.  Also, I suppose my acidophilus pills could be considered to be poop pills.  

caseagainstfaith wrote:
QuoteI read of something similar, but even grosser, weirder. Fecal implants where they take feces out of one person and surgically place it into the digestive tract of another. I guess this is a non surgical method.
I think the more usual less invasive approach is to get a stool sample from someone, and then "feed" the person the poop through a feeding tube run through the nose.  I think this becomes necessary when for whatever reason a person takes too many antibiotics.
Well you have normal bacterial flora in your gut that are useful to you. They play a role in digestion and keep a lot of the bad bacteria away. When one takes too many antibiotics these little guys die, so the fecal transplant becomes necessary in order to replace them.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

dgirl1986

Quote from: "Atheon"Pills made from poop cure digestive tract ailments.

I guess the expression should be changed to "Eat shit and live."

Link

lol love it.

Not sure I would have the balls to take those pills.