Man Fires 19 Times At Jehovah's Witnesses- And Misses

Started by stromboli, October 05, 2013, 11:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/clay-water ... elay-speec

QuoteIt was a miracle no one was injured.

After telling a group of three Jehovah's Witnesses to get lost, Centeron, Ark., resident John Baldwin, 35, fired about 19 shots at the group as they were leaving, police said.

Everything was OK when the Jehovah's Witnesses first arrived at Baldwin's home on Saturday, according to local NBC affiliate KNWA-TV. But when Baldwin learned the men were Jehovah's Witnesses, he allegedly told them to "get the [expletive] off my property" and said "Get me my 9" as the men were getting into their car, CBS affiliate KFSM-TV reports.

Police said they found 13 shell casings and a Springfield XDM-9mm handgun in front of Baldwin's house, according to KFSM-TV. Baldwin was arrested and released on $50,000 bond. He will be charged with felony aggravated assault, the station notes.

Baldwin could be slammed with a $10,000 fine and jailed for six years.

Okay its irrelevant, but I think it's fucking hilarious. Like a gun fight we had in Utah years ago in a pawn shop. 2 men expended the contents of their 9 millimeters at point blank range and missed.

This is why we need a uniform standard of gun ownership. We need to make sure people like this cretin don't go winging rounds into the outer world without any apparent ability to aim, seriously. Besides that we now have Jehovah's Witnesses declaring a miracle because dipshit missed.

Solitary

A miracle?  :lol:  He probably just meant to scare them off. He put the fear of God into them I think.  =D>  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Quote from: "Solitary"A miracle?  :lol:  He probably just meant to scare them off. He put the fear of God into them I think.  =D>  Solitary
That's what I'm thinking.  He was probably discharging his gun into the air.  The miracle here is that it's a miracle that the Jehovah's claim it's a miracle.

AllPurposeAtheist

God in his infinite wisdom makes dumb people miss, but Satan gives them good aim.
The lesson here is if you're dumb and shooting at JW's ask for Satan's help.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Atheon

The Lord GAWD placed a holy shield of righteousness around his devoted servants and protected them from the profane bullets of the Angel of Death!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Solitary"A miracle?  :lol:  He probably just meant to scare them off. He put the fear of God into them I think.  =D>  Solitary
This honestly sounds more likely. Excessive given that they were already leaving, but still likely. No one could shoot that many bullets without at least hitting the car.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

SGOS

Quote from: "_Xenu_"
This honestly sounds more likely. Excessive given that they were already leaving, but still likely. No one could shoot that many bullets without at least hitting the car.
Indeed, I'm getting bored with all these cheesy second rate make do miracles that the gods seem to be reduced to in modern times.  I want walls of cities crumbling at the blare of trumpets, seas parting for the faithful and Philistines running around in panic before they are drowned.

Colanth

Quote from: "stromboli"This is why we need a uniform standard of gun ownership. We need to make sure people like this cretin don't go winging rounds into the outer world without any apparent ability to aim, seriously.
I saw a sticker on the back window of a truck a few days ago (typical Southerner's truck - crossed Confederate flags, gun rack, etc.) that read "Gun control means hitting your target".  Now if only all the conflicting gun nuts used each other as targets ...
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

stromboli

I think it was Jesse Ventura who said gun control was six in the bullseye at 50 yards. Kinda my thinking. Point is, warning shots or no, slinging bullets into the air is not a good habit to get into.

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Savior2006

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"
Indeed, I'm getting bored with all these cheesy second rate make do miracles that the gods seem to be reduced to in modern times.  I want walls of cities crumbling at the blare of trumpets, seas parting for the faithful and Philistines running around in panic before they are drowned.

I know right? Miracles today are so mundane. You survive a gunshot wound that doesn't hit any organs? Well that's obviously a miracle.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Minimalist

Perhaps they borrowed some magic underwear from the mormons?

You know how these cults get around.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

mykcob4

Quote from: "stromboli"http://newsbusters.org/blogs/clay-waters/2012/01/04/nyt-editorial-page-editor-calls-boehner-racist-asking-obama-delay-speec

QuoteIt was a miracle no one was injured.

After telling a group of three Jehovah's Witnesses to get lost, Centeron, Ark., resident John Baldwin, 35, fired about 19 shots at the group as they were leaving, police said.

Everything was OK when the Jehovah's Witnesses first arrived at Baldwin's home on Saturday, according to local NBC affiliate KNWA-TV. But when Baldwin learned the men were Jehovah's Witnesses, he allegedly told them to "get the [expletive] off my property" and said "Get me my 9" as the men were getting into their car, CBS affiliate KFSM-TV reports.

Police said they found 13 shell casings and a Springfield XDM-9mm handgun in front of Baldwin's house, according to KFSM-TV. Baldwin was arrested and released on $50,000 bond. He will be charged with felony aggravated assault, the station notes.

Baldwin could be slammed with a $10,000 fine and jailed for six years.

Okay its irrelevant, but I think it's fucking hilarious. Like a gun fight we had in Utah years ago in a pawn shop. 2 men expended the contents of their 9 millimeters at point blank range and missed.

This is why we need a uniform standard of gun ownership. We need to make sure people like this cretin don't go winging rounds into the outer world without any apparent ability to aim, seriously. Besides that we now have Jehovah's Witnesses declaring a miracle because dipshit missed.
So as the trial of Baldwin drew to it's closing end, the prosecution called to the stand one of the intended victims. Yes that's right the prosecution called a Jahovah Witness to be a witness.
I wonder if said witness will ask the jury if they have a few moments....?

josephpalazzo

Minimalist

Perhaps there is a case to be made for marksmanship training?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken