The Jews Were Never Slaves In Egypt. Ever. Never Ever.

Started by stromboli, September 30, 2013, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/the ... h-1.420844

QuoteWe tend, in the midst of our disdain for Egyptian, anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, to overlook the fact that one of the biggest events of the Jewish calendar is predicated upon reminding the next generation every year of how the Egyptians were our cruel slave-masters, in a bondage that likely never happened. Is this really so different from Jaws the Mossad agent?

The reality is that there is no evidence whatsoever that the Jews were ever enslaved in Egypt. Yes, there's the story contained within the bible itself, but that's not a remotely historically admissible source. I'm talking about real proof; archeological evidence, state records and primary sources. Of these, nothing exists.

It is hard to believe that 600,000 families (which would mean about two million people) crossed the entire Sinai without leaving one shard of pottery (the archeologist's best friend) with Hebrew writing on it. It is remarkable that Egyptian records make no mention of the sudden migration of what would have been nearly a quarter of their population, nor has any evidence been found for any of the expected effects of such an exodus; such as economic downturn or labor shortages. Furthermore, there is no evidence in Israel that shows a sudden influx of people from another culture at that time. No rapid departure from traditional pottery has been seen, no record or story of a surge in population.

In fact, there's absolutely no more evidence to suggest that the story is true than there is in support of any of the Arab world's conspiracy theories and tall tales about Jews.

Next time a theist talks about the accuracy of the Bible, you can point this out. One of the major events from which all other events flowed is a myth. There was no Exodus. 2 million or so Israelites did not wander around a small desert lost for 40 years and leave no evidence. They did not cross the Red Sea on the north end, the south end, on foot or by hoverboard. They didn't. Just didn't. So there.  [-X

leo

In another hand ancient jews owned slaves. God is okay with jews owning slaves in the bible.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

LikelyToBreak

Hate to bust your bubble but a Christian archeologist found the remains of the Egyptian Army which chased after Moses, on the bottom of the Red Sea.  I know what you are going to say, "Yeah, but he is the only one to have seen the remains and only has a couple of blurry photographs of something which if looked at hard enough might be one wheel and that is not enough proof."  Besides, just because it can't be proved that it happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  

We all know Jews are cheapskates.  Therefore they wouldn't have left anything behind when they traveled in the Sinai.  Not even their footsteps.  They are just that cheap.

So, that article is complete bunk.  There is proof in the Torah and the Holy Bible that it happened.  The Holy Bible collaborates the Torah.  So, there is all the collaboration from history which is needed.

You atheists and your crazy outlandish ideas.  I swear to God, that the Exodus happened just as it is written about in the Holy Bible.  And may God, and or the Holy Spirit, and or Jesus Christ, strike me dead if it isn't true.

There, now who are you going to believe?  A bunch of archeologists who after hundreds of years trying to find proof and not finding it, saying it didn't happen.  Or me, who swore on God that it did?   :twisted:

Plu

QuoteWe all know Jews are cheapskates. Therefore they wouldn't have left anything behind when they traveled in the Sinai. Not even their footsteps. They are just that cheap.

:rollin:

Colanth

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Hate to bust your bubble but a Christian archeologist found the remains of the Egyptian Army which chased after Moses, on the bottom of the Red Sea.
Of course the Bible never mentioned the Red Sea, it claims that they crossed the Sea of Reeds.  "Red Sea" was a later mistranslation.  Finding the remains of the Exodus at the bottom of the Red Sea would be like a claim in 4,000 years that the Statue of Liberty's remains were finally found - at the bottom of San Francisco Bay.

Just more apologetic bullshit.

In fact, though, archaeological evidence has been found that the Hebrews were slaves - the ancestors of the Jews who wrote the Bible were slaves of the wealthy Hebrews.  They all lived in Canaan (which was under the suzerainty of Egypt (so they would have been "escaping" from one part of Egypt to another - which would be kind of useless).  There was evidently (the archeological remains aren't like newspaper accounts) a slave revolt, and the winners were the former slaves.  You didn't tell people, back in those times, that your ancestors were slaves who killed their masters - that would get you a short life - so they made up a story about escaping with the help of their god.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

LikelyToBreak

Colanth wrote in part:
QuoteIn fact, though, archaeological evidence has been found that the Hebrews were slaves - the ancestors of the Jews who wrote the Bible were slaves of the wealthy Hebrews. They all lived in Canaan (which was under the suzerainty of Egypt (so they would have been "escaping" from one part of Egypt to another - which would be kind of useless). There was evidently (the archeological remains aren't like newspaper accounts) a slave revolt, and the winners were the former slaves. You didn't tell people, back in those times, that your ancestors were slaves who killed their masters - that would get you a short life - so they made up a story about escaping with the help of their god.
That makes sense.  And seems to be backed up with archaeological evidence.  But, can we make a blockbuster movie about it?  Got you there, didn't I?

AllPurposeAtheist

The next thing you know the first humans didn't speak English and probably weren't white and all evil in the world didn't happen because a slab of rib liked fresh fruit sold at a snake stand cleverly disguised as an apple tree...err..knowledge, good and evil tree.. :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteWe all know Jews are cheapskates. Therefore they wouldn't have left anything behind when they traveled in the Sinai. Not even their footsteps. They are just that cheap.

that got me too....dat was funny
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "Plu"

that got me too....dat was funny

Oh come, come. That was a bloody cheapshot, you, anti-semite... :twisted:

Shiranu

QuoteThat was a bloody cheapshot...

Oy, Jews have shots named after them as well?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

JohnS

Geography (or the Bible) has never been my strong suit, so there is something I've never been quite clear on.  If the only way for the Jews to get back from Egypt was by crossing the Red Sea, did they not have to cross it when they were brought there in the first place?  If so, did God have to part it waters for them to be taken to Egypt when they were enslaved?  Or was there an alternate route?  And if so, why didn't they use it in Exodus?  Very confusing.

Hydra009

Quote from: "JohnS"Geography (or the Bible) has never been my strong suit, so there is something I've never been quite clear on.  If the only way for the Jews to get back from Egypt was by crossing the Red Sea, did they not have to cross it when they were brought there in the first place?  If so, did God have to part it waters for them to be taken to Egypt when they were enslaved?  Or was there an alternate route?  And if so, why didn't they use it in Exodus?  Very confusing.

There are routes through the area that don't involve the Red Sea.  So, a bit of an artistic license in that story.

Solitary

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Hate to bust your bubble but a Christian archeologist found the remains of the Egyptian Army which chased after Moses, on the bottom of the Red Sea.  I know what you are going to say, "Yeah, but he is the only one to have seen the remains and only has a couple of blurry photographs of something which if looked at hard enough might be one wheel and that is not enough proof."  Besides, just because it can't be proved that it happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen.  

We all know Jews are cheapskates.  Therefore they wouldn't have left anything behind when they traveled in the Sinai.  Not even their footsteps.  They are just that cheap.

So, that article is complete bunk.  There is proof in the Torah and the Holy Bible that it happened.  The Holy Bible collaborates the Torah.  So, there is all the collaboration from history which is needed.

You atheists and your crazy outlandish ideas.  I swear to God, that the Exodus happened just as it is written about in the Holy Bible.  And may God, and or the Holy Spirit, and or Jesus Christ, strike me dead if it isn't true.

There, now who are you going to believe?  A bunch of archeologists who after hundreds of years trying to find proof and not finding it, saying it didn't happen.  Or me, who swore on God that it did?   :twisted:

=D>  And people say it is hard to tell sarcasm on the internet.  It was a miracle from the hand of God you dumb atheists! :roll:  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

QuoteIf so, did God have to part it waters for them to be taken to Egypt when they were enslaved?

They had boats back in the day, as well as rivers are cross-able at different points; perhaps in their haste they ran towards the wrong part.

But of course the map does show there were alternatives anyways. However I would suspect that, if the story were true, most of the slaves would have came in by ships in the Med. and the rest were born in Egypt.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur