News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Swearing off Cats

Started by wolf39us, September 29, 2013, 12:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

The cat was a female and she was spade already.  She's less than 6 months old and didn't go to the "pound" she went to a SPCA... seriously cats don't last more than a week there unless they are old.

I've grown up with and have taken care of cats on my own and never have I had a cat that pissed all over the place... I'm not even supposed to have a cat in this place really.  BUT in the last few years that I haven't had a cat around, I've gotten really spoiled with all of my furniture staying intact, and quickly realized that I prefer it that way.

I have no concern that someone else won't pick her up... she's cute and young and extremely friendly.  I'm just not cut out for a cat right now!

Hijiri Byakuren

QuoteSwearing off Cats
Correction: You think you're swearing off cats. You'll be back. They always come back... 8-)
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

wolf39us

Hydra009

Cats are never as good as dogs.   [-(

PickelledEggs

I want a pet raccoon.

[youtube:gd6avkv5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgzpfktxwfc[/youtube:gd6avkv5]

stromboli

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"I want a pet raccoon.

Writer posted a YouTube video

No you don't. You do not want a Raccoon for a pet. Uh uh. Not even. Like, never. They are clever, destructive, have very sharp teeth, very sharp claws, are known to house diseases and will disembowel any other pet given the chance. They break into shit, tunnel through shit, destroy shit, will get out at night and kill chickens and other evil shit.

wolf39us

I've seen videos of pet Raccoons, they seriously tunnel through your wall...

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "wolf39us"The cat was a female and she was spade already.  She's less than 6 months old and didn't go to the "pound" she went to a SPCA... seriously cats don't last more than a week there unless they are old.

I've grown up with and have taken care of cats on my own and never have I had a cat that pissed all over the place... I'm not even supposed to have a cat in this place really.  BUT in the last few years that I haven't had a cat around, I've gotten really spoiled with all of my furniture staying intact, and quickly realized that I prefer it that way.

I have no concern that someone else won't pick her up... she's cute and young and extremely friendly.  I'm just not cut out for a cat right now!

Fair enough.

I'm defensive about cats.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Smartmarzipan

It's illegal unless you're a wildlife rehabilitator.

But, if you set out food you might get some on your porch. :) I have a couple that come some nights for leftover cat food. I get an occasional opossum, too.

Eric1958

A couple of years ago I had a dog & cat. They were great and over the years I've had several other animals. Not these days though, things are a little too uncertain for me. They make damn good friends though.

Mermaid

Quote from: "wolf39us"The cat was a female and she was spade already.  She's less than 6 months old and didn't go to the "pound" she went to a SPCA... seriously cats don't last more than a week there unless they are old.

my point was that she probably had a urinary tract infection that was fixable.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

the_antithesis

I swore off cats when my last cat died. I don't need that in my life anymore.

Mermaid

I bottle raised two infant raccoons. They are unbelievably cute and sweet until they get to a certain age and size. Then? Not so much.
They don't lose their cute, but hooboy. They are much better from afar.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "the_antithesis"I swore off cats when my last cat died. I don't need that in my life anymore.

The pain of losing a furry friend? I know, man. I know.

Bobbotov

I have eight animals (three dogs and five cats). They are all rescues. I like them more than most people. They never lie, they never cheat. They all get along better than eight humans could.  I have had the pleasure of dozens of animals in my lifetime and every one was a jewel. I miss all the ones that have died but I know I gave them the best lives anyone could. Good friends all. I would do more but vet bills preclude that. I love both dogs and cats as they each have their own personalities. Such joy, such loyalty, such unadulterated love.