I like Atheism, I just don't believe in it...

Started by mediumaevum, September 20, 2013, 04:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophet

The fool says in his heart "There is no God". They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "prophet"The fool says in his heart "There is no God". They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good.
Awfully convenient. "We're right because we say we're right." For someone as unquestioning as you, I don't suppose this observation ever occurred to you.

You are a troll, of course, so I don't expect anything I say to you to really stick. Always good to sharpen my teeth, though.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

frosty

Oh yes. People that don't believe in your very subjective, select, specific god, are fools and vile. Ok I got it. So out of the thousands of gods that people worship, your one is the correct one. Ok. And hey, even though you don't really know any of these devilish disbelievers that you condemn, you feel it's alright to thump a bible verse judging our personalities and entire lives even though there are billions of us you have never met or heard about. Ok. And your god is the right one, and when you die, you're going to go to heaven, and god is going to prove you completely right, and everyone else wrong, and you're going to live forever and everything is going to be just awesome.

Ok. I got it.

frozenframe

Atheism is not a religion, it's not a belief, it's just a rejection of any God. The topic is I like Atheism, I just don't believe in it, the entire statement is flawed. We believe in ourselves and that we can build morality without the need of an instructional manual (that is also flawed). I could go on about this, but I'd rather refer you to the Atheist Experience show on youtube.

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "prophet"The fool says in his heart "There is no God". They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good.

To the Muslims, you are a fool. to the Hindus, the Sikhs, you are the fool.

You are, to be certain, a fool.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

leo

:rollin:   :rollin: The  funny troll pet.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

FrankDK

Whosoever shall say, "Thou fool," shall be in danger of Hell-fire.  [Jesus speaking.]  Matthew 5:22

I'd be careful if I were you.  How long can you tread molten sulfur?

Frank

tinker683

Quote from: "mediumaevum"From http://www.investigatingatheism.info/fordisbelief.html

Quote"Is [God] willing to prevent evil, but not able? then is he impotent. Is he able, but not willing? then is he malevolent. Is he both able and willing? whence then is evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Has it never occurred to you Atheists, that God (at least the Creator God) may be evil? That the creator God is more like Satan?

If so, the whole world makes sense from a religious point of view. If the world is created by a good deity, it is inconsistent with the fact that the vast majority of the world lives in evilness (the vast majority of people live in countries that does nothing to protect human rights).

I like Atheism, because Atheists say that there exists no evil creator God neither. That sounds nice. The problem is that I just don't believe them.
The world seems so evil, that there ought to be a purpose, an evil masterplan behind all this.

I'd love atheists to be right. But I have a hard time believing they are right.

I have considered it. In fact, I'm of the opinion that if their IS a God, he is one of three things..

1) He's apathetic
2) He's a sadist
3) He's insane

The problem that I have with this assertion is...why should I believe it? What evidence is there that a God, good or evil, exists?
"Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past... Wisdom is knowing that you\'ll be an idiot in the future... and common sense is knowing that you should try not to be an idiot now."
-- from the webcomic "Questionable Content"

Plu

Quote from: "prophet"The fool says in his heart "There is no God".

So if even fools can figure it out, what's keeping you?

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "mediumaevum"From http://www.investigatingatheism.info/fordisbelief.html

Quote"Is [God] willing to prevent evil, but not able? then is he impotent. Is he able, but not willing? then is he malevolent. Is he both able and willing? whence then is evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Has it never occurred to you Atheists, that God (at least the Creator God) may be evil? That the creator God is more like Satan?

Of course.  The corollary to that is that you believers prefer to worship evil rather than embrace self-responsibility.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"If so, the whole world makes sense from a religious point of view. If the world is created by a good deity, it is inconsistent with the fact that the vast majority of the world lives in evilness (the vast majority of people live in countries that does nothing to protect human rights).

And if worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't fuck with them.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I like Atheism, because Atheists say that there exists no evil creator God neither. That sounds nice. The problem is that I just don't believe them.
The world seems so evil, that there ought to be a purpose, an evil masterplan behind all this.

No one cares what you think.  You're an unoriginal poster who thinks they've found teh khey to changing teh minds of teh evul atheists.

Also, my brand of atheism simply says that I am faithless.  All the other shit you wrote is meaningless, so fuck off.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I'd love atheists to be right. But I have a hard time believing they are right.

That's okay.  You keep thinking what you wish.  

Hopefully something more substantial than this.
<insert witty aphorism here>