The history of the internet atheist movement.

Started by Brian37, September 27, 2013, 06:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

The history of arheism goes back much further than the internet. It's more open here, but hardly began here.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

frosty

Atheism is something that expands past racial and national boundaries and even past the boundaries of time.

Just as much as I'm sure there are tons of black Atheists out there, I'm sure back then before the 20th century there was a lot of Atheists as well. We don't know about them though because there was no mass media back then and everyone who lived in that time and before it tend to be big mysteries as far as we're concerned.

Although Atheists perhaps in general tend to be mysteries, it's impossible to find out exactly how many Atheists there are due to cultural issues, as well as the fact that not everybody who is an Atheist defines themselves as being an Atheist. There are probably scores of Atheists that have absolutely no intention of announcing their Atheism, or going on any Atheist related Internet sites, and that's because they don't care. Some do, others don't.

Brian37

Quote from: "frosty"Atheism is something that expands past racial and national boundaries and even past the boundaries of time.

Just as much as I'm sure there are tons of black Atheists out there, I'm sure back then before the 20th century there was a lot of Atheists as well. We don't know about them though because there was no mass media back then and everyone who lived in that time and before it tend to be big mysteries as far as we're concerned.

Although Atheists perhaps in general tend to be mysteries, it's impossible to find out exactly how many Atheists there are due to cultural issues, as well as the fact that not everybody who is an Atheist defines themselves as being an Atheist. There are probably scores of Atheists that have absolutely no intention of announcing their Atheism, or going on any Atheist related Internet sites, and that's because they don't care. Some do, others don't.

Atheists have always existed, that is not the point of this thread. I am talking about our current ebb which started in the late 90s. The only issue now is can atheists keep this up and make it grow even bigger.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37