President Obama PLANNED Russia-Syria Situation?

Started by Shiranu, September 16, 2013, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "billhilly"So with Obama's expansion of executive orders and a Democratic house and senate for the first few years of his presidency, he just couldn't quite get it done? Remember when the house speaker was Pelosi? Yep, no transitional fossils here.

That's another myth perpetrated by Fox News and the the nutjobs in the GOP. Considering that Ted Kennedy was on his deathbed, and Al Franken had to deal with an election contest, Obama had the two houses under Democratic control for less than a year, which BTW was marked by a record in fillibusters from the GOP.  So in that very limited short time, in spite of the GOP deliberate obstruction, he was supposed to solve all the problems in the entire world. Wow! Of course when you make these ungrounded accusations, you're not a racist... riiight?!?!

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/did-th ... -how-long/

billhilly

RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that all ya got?  You and your ilk have diluted the racism charge down to nothing in a futile attempt at misdirection.  Your dear leader didn't even try to make good on certain promises he made as a candidate and anyone who points that out is a racist.  Fuckin pathetic.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "billhilly"RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that all ya got?  You and your ilk have diluted the racism charge down to nothing in a futile attempt at misdirection.  Your dear leader didn't even try to make good on certain promises he made as a candidate and anyone who points that out is a racist.  Fuckin pathetic.

All your accusations so far were shot down by facts. Yet you persist in denigrating the black guy in the oval office. If that doesn't smell racism, then what?

The Whit

If you think the idea that the bailouts got us out of the recession is a fact then you're delusional.  All that money went to help the guys who caused the recession in the first place, so they made bad bets and the taxpayers are the ones stuck with foreclosed houses and the bad mortgages.  Congress should have been tarred and fucking feathered for that shit.
"Death can not be killed." -brq

stromboli

1. Barack Obama is a smart man. He, a "man of color" got elected to the most powerful job on the planet and then reelected. Dumb he ain't

2. He has managed to accomplish some very big things as president. Getting the Affordable Health Care Act all the way past the Supreme Court and into (supposed) reality, though it ain't happened yet. And various other shit that has already been listed here. This, against the stiffest opposition that any president ever faced. Ever.

3. He has access to ALL of the current secret, top secret, need to know, you name it, data on EVERYTHING. He has access to shit we don't have any knowledge of. He is advised by the top minds in the world as to how to proceed on these matters.

4. What he does involves literally juggling world power.

Could be, just maybe, we at this level, judging or no, don't have the complete picture.

The Syria thing happened. However it was manipulated we will only know in hindsight, and probably not for awhile. I don't fault him because the outcome was, intentionally or not, benign.

In case you hadn't thought about it, Israel has now been singled out as one of the countries (I think the only country) that has not signed the non-use of chemical weapons treaty. That puts the spotlight on them to comply. Another "oh, by the way" fall out from the Syria thingy.

I don't fault Obama for Syria. Gone and done. What I fault him for is the fact that Guantanamo is still in operation, the Keystone pipeline is still not dealt with, fracking is happening apparently with his blessing, and a list of other stuff.

billhilly

Shot down by facts?  Says the sycophant who screams racism at any disagreement on his dear leader's liberal bonafides.  

How is it that they could get healthcare through congress and yet didn't even make an attempt to shut down Gitmo?  Look around you.  There are a lot of good liberals and progs who can see that there are problems with Obama.  Deportations went up, pot arrests went up, drone assassinations, and an expansion of executive power that will eventually be handed to a republican president.  What do you suppose a republican might do with the shiny new expanded powers?

The Whit

Quote from: "billhilly"What do you suppose a republican might do with the shiny new expanded powers?

The same thing Obama's done with them; act irresponsibly because they know they won't be held accountable.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "The Whit"If you think the idea that the bailouts got us out of the recession is a fact then you're delusional.  

Fact: The last Great Depression lasted 16 years, from 1929 to 1945
This one, called the Great Recession,  lasted, 18 months.

Fact: The Great Depression had an unemployment rate over 20%. In this Great Recession, it never went over 10%.

These are facts, not opinions. But you are so afraid to give the black guy in the oval office credit that you are will go to great lengths to demean him.

QuoteAll that money went to help the guys who caused the recession in the first place, so they made bad bets and the taxpayers are the ones stuck with foreclosed houses and the bad mortgages.  Congress should have been tarred and fucking feathered for that shit.

How about proving your baseless accusations with facts?!?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "billhilly"Shot down by facts?  Says the sycophant who screams racism at any disagreement on his dear leader's liberal

Anyone who sees Obama as a liberal must be a fucking moron. Reagan was more to the left than Obama. Get real.

QuoteHow is it that they could get healthcare through congress and yet didn't even make an attempt to shut down Gitmo?  Look around you.

Guess you can't read properly. Do it again, real slowly this time:

That's another myth perpetrated by Fox News and the the nutjobs in the GOP. Considering that Ted Kennedy was on his deathbed, and Al Franken had to deal with an election contest, Obama had the two houses under Democratic control for less than a year, which BTW was marked by a record in fillibusters from the GOP. So in that very limited short time, in spite of the GOP deliberate obstruction, he was supposed to solve all the problems in the entire world. Wow! Of course when you make these ungrounded accusations, you're not a racist... riiight?!?!

QuoteThere are a lot of good liberals and progs who can see that there are problems with Obama.  Deportations went up, pot arrests went up, drone assassinations, and an expansion of executive power that will eventually be handed to a republican president.  What do you suppose a republican might do with the shiny new expanded powers?

Sure, but one should be evaluated with what was accomplished also. It's totally unrealistic to think that this president, any president for that matter, can solve everything. Now read his accomplishments one more time:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazi ... p?page=all

billhilly

Your list is still bullshit spin no matter how many times you link it.  You sound like you're angling for Jay Carney's job or something.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"
Quote from: "billhilly"So with Obama's expansion of executive orders and a Democratic house and senate for the first few years of his presidency, he just couldn't quite get it done? Remember when the house speaker was Pelosi? Yep, no transitional fossils here.

That's another myth perpetrated by Fox News and the the nutjobs in the GOP. Considering that Ted Kennedy was on his deathbed, and Al Franken had to deal with an election contest, Obama had the two houses under Democratic control for less than a year, which BTW was marked by a record in fillibusters from the GOP.  So in that very limited short time, in spite of the GOP deliberate obstruction, he was supposed to solve all the problems in the entire world. Wow! Of course when you make these ungrounded accusations, you're not a racist... riiight?!?!

With Kennedy and Franken having difficulty with their seats, the Democrats controlled 58 out of 98 senate seats instead of 60 out of 100.  That's hardly not a majority.  And the filibuster is a procedural rule that the Senate can dispense with, so that's not really an excuse.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"
Quote from: "The Whit"If you think the idea that the bailouts got us out of the recession is a fact then you're delusional.  

Fact: The last Great Depression lasted 16 years, from 1929 to 1945

Fact: The Great Depression had an unemployment rate over 20%. In this Great Recession, it never went over 10%.

These are facts, not opinions. But you are so afraid to give the black guy in the oval office credit that you are will go to great lengths to demean him.

With the Great Depression, the recession that caused it lasted from 1929 to 1934, after which the economy started growing even though the country was still in the Great Depression.  You're confusing recession and depression.

A recession is when you have consecutive quarters of negative economic growth.  A depression is not defined as exactly but is generally regarded to be long periods of high unemployment.

The Great Depression, lasting from 1929 to 1945, had a recession from 1929 to 1934.  Great Depression II, which is still ongoing, started with an 18 month recession - and some analysts say that it was longer than 18 months.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

The Whit

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Fact: The last Great Depression lasted 16 years, from 1929 to 1945

The Obama administration predicted that without the bailout unemployment would reach over 8% and that would be the end of the world.  So they passed it, and unemployment went straight to 9.5% and stayed higher than their doomsday predictions about the economy without the bailout.  The "recovery" has been on Wall street alone.

mykcob4

I see a lot of people denegrating Obama on several issues even though they state in not so many words he is going in the correct direction albeit slow.
The fact is that this president more than any other has been handcuffed. He came into office facing not only the worst foriegn situation since WWII but also the worst domestic situation since the Great Depression.
The fact is that he has masterfully and tactfully handle everything. He has stimied a recession that was headed straight for depression, and he has restored the USA's respectability internationally. If Russia and Iran are the public opposition to us then we are most definately going the right direction. The fact that Obama doesn't commit blood or treasure without reason is a good thing. He gets results.
Gays are more recognized than ever in the past, GM isn't gone, and over all he has done not only a good job but an honorable one. All this while facing the worst of the worst from the conservative side of the aisle. I know many of you are frustrated, but compromise causes that. It's hard to reverse the stupidity that is the conservative movement, and Obama is not about strongarming. As he said he is the president of ALL Americans.
I'm sure some of you will fly off the handle and start insulting me, calling me names putting words in my mouth, claiming you know what I think then misquoting me. You'll say that I drink the Kool-Aide, and that I am a blind follower, the truth is that I want best for this nation, and I think Obama has done a great job especially given the circumstances he has had to work under.