Student Uses Science to Prove Gay Marriage Wrong

Started by stromboli, September 15, 2013, 01:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09 ... ostpopular

QuoteA student in Nigeria is claiming he can prove gay marriage is wrong through science - and his scientific "breakthrough" is backed by his university.

Chibuihem Amalaha, who has won awards in his country for reporting on energy science and featured on various national television stations, says he used a magnet experiment to prove homosexuality is "improper".

Amalaha says his "groundbreaking" experiments show the north and south poles of two magnets are attracted to each other while same poles repel each other.

He concludes this "means that man cannot attract another man because they are the same, and a woman should not attract a woman because they are the same. That is how I used physics to prove gay marriage wrong".

Amalaha's "research" has been commended by the University of Lagos, where he is a postgraduate student, and has been told by lecturers he will "win a Nobel prize one day". The interview with the student was published on Nigerian website This Day Live, where his findings appear to be presented as fact.

"A University of Lagos post graduate student, Chibuihem Amalaha, from Imo State has used science to prove that gay marriage is improper among other breakthroughs, writes Charles Ajunwa," the article states. "He talked about his researches and scientific breakthroughs with the confidence of an achiever..

"..And now his works have earned him the respect in the world of science."

South African gay lifestyle website Mambaonline.com slammed the interview, saying it was "absurd".

"It's debatable as to whether the embarrassing article is more damming of the standard of education at the University of Lagos or of the standard of journalism at This Day," criticises writer Luiz DeBarros. "The uncritical and uninformed article is likely to add to the ignorance and prejudice surrounding homosexuality in Nigeria."

Nigeria's laws on homosexual acts are notoriously harsh; current legislation punishes homosexual acts with up to 14 years in jail, or, in some northern regions of the country, death by stoning.

The link to the article:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sci ... ge/158265/

Bar magnets prove gay marriage is wrong. Seriously.   :axe

Plu

I think one university just ruined any credibility it had left. If it had any to begin with.

Valigarmander

Solitary

Using this kind of logic my little white and black magnetic dogs I had as a child prove blacks and whites shouldn't mate.  :Hangman:   :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Magnets!  Who would have thought they could shed so much light on homosexuality?  But it all makes perfect sense.  Magnets are so much like people.

Plu

Well they seem to have roughly the same intellectual capabilities as the guy working with them, so there's that.

Mermaid

Well that seems like sound reasoning and good scientific method to me. Heck, who would have thought to apply science as proof that something is wrong? This opens up lots of new doors. It's a breakthrough, I tell you! Mark my words. This important, complicated and elegant research will rock the world, my friends. IT WILL ROCK IT.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

StupidWiz

... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

The Skeletal Atheist

This has to be satire...is it...please tell me it is...no one is that stupid....I hope.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

caseagainstfaith

I was going to say, "fucking magnets, how do they work?" but, Jason78 beat me to it.

As I was reading the quoted article, I thought it had to be an Onion article or other spoof.  Nobody could be that stupid???
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

stromboli

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"I was going to say, "fucking magnets, how do they work?" but, Jason78 beat me to it.

As I was reading the quoted article, I thought it had to be an Onion article or other spoof.  Nobody could be that stupid???

Yeah. i got this off of Huffpost so I figured it was good.

Minimalist

Quote from: "Valigarmander"It's in Nigeria.

I'm sure xtian colleges will be sending delegations to learn the method.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

Magnets are really current given off by GOD HIMSELF! :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.