News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Skyline 3-Way

Started by the_antithesis, September 12, 2013, 01:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

While you old ladies were swapping tomato sauce recipes like you were at a quilting bee, I stopped by the store after work to put together a Skyline 3-Way to try at home. Serendipitously, they had cans of Skyline Chili. No shit. So this turned out to be even more authentic than I could have imagined.

I may puke.

I don't know if this is what their chili normally tastes like, but I don't care for it. It's spicy, but not spicy like a chili but spicy like a christmas fruit cake. The flavor kind of reminds me of Chef Boy Ar Dee and I hate that shit. I'm hoping that's the changes to the recipe to work with the canning process. But god damn. This is not exactly pleasant.

Plu

Thanks for being our guinea pig and confirming what we already expected to be true. It's a good thing us old ladies make our own food so we don't have to go through what you're currently going through  :wink:

AllPurposeAtheist

Thank you for being our official sacrificial lamb. Next we'll examine just how deadly a Taco Bell dish can be especially handled by some kid named Biff right after returning from the not so sanitary public restrooms with dry, yet brownish hands. :)
In addition, I think I speak for the majority here by expressing our gratitude for steering the conversation back to its proper dialog (fuck! forget how to spell dialog! :shock: ) of the horrors of Skyline 3way, which by the way sounds less of a culinary delight and more like an episode involving an oversexed starlett.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mermaid

ARE YOU OK, MAN!?  :shock:
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Mermaid"ARE YOU OK, MAN!?  :shock:
Why no! It's the stress of having actually eaten Skyline chili before. I grew up not 50 miles from the base of operations of the cult headquarters of Skyline Inc. and have never recovered. :shock:

Thanks for inquiring about my mental status though. By the way..I was in the Navy too!

the_antithesis

The concept of the Skyline Chili 3-Way is so typically midwest. (Incidentally, the can says there's also a 4-Way that involves diced onions and a 5-Way with beans) They can't do anything right so they do things really, really wrong and hope it becomes a thing. see also: deep dish pizza What I didn't take into account was how wrong the chili itself would be. It's spiced like pumpkin pie or something. Sure, lots of people put weird spices in chili. Cinnamon and stuff, but the can shouldn't smell like holiday baking. I can only hope this is not an accurate reflection of the product as sold in their restaurants, but I'm in no hurry to find out.

Triple Nine

It really is amazing this thread has reached 4 pages.
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Triple Nine"It really is amazing this thread has reached 4 pages.
Look through the archives. There are threads that have little of nothing to do with anything and many have double and even triple digit pages..
Goddamned it! Someone needed to expose Skyline for selling crap food and I for one am proud to bare witness to this terrible culinary crime against humanity! :evil: :lol: