News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Skyline 3-Way

Started by the_antithesis, September 12, 2013, 01:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

I am appalled.

I also need to take a trip to Cincinnati.

Shiranu

Whats on the bottom, spaghetti?

Too much cheese and the meat looks kinda like beef, but otherwise that actually looks pretty good.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Shiranu"Whats on the bottom, spaghetti?

Yes. They are mad in Ohio.

Quotethe meat looks kinda like beef,

It's chili. So, yeah.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "Jason78"What the hell is that?
Fine dining in America.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Plu

That doesn't look very appealing...

If you want to make spaghetti, at least use a decent sauce, not something filled with mostly cheap minced meat :/

Jason78

Quote from: "Harbinger"
Quote from: "Jason78"What the hell is that?
Fine dining in America.

I don't get it.  Did that beef do something bad?  Why is all that cheese trying to smother it?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

It's the holy sacrament of the FSM:  "This is my body.  Take and eat."

DunkleSeele

Looks disgusting. Way to butcher some fine spaghetti.

SGOS

When I was crossing the ocean on my boat, I had a large larder of canned goods, and usually I concocted some good things to eat.  I wanted spaghetti, but something with meat, not just watery ragu sauce, so I thought maybe if brought a few cans of chili without beans, I could mix it with ragu (At sea, I turned off my refrigerator/freezer because it's a major electrical train on the batteries, so I had to use canned goods).  The idea turned out to be a major flop.  It didn't taste at all like spaghetti.  But worse, the sauce simply did not compliment the pasta.  I have to admit, the idea seemed like a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a try.

I like my spaghetti sauce on the chunky side with lots of stuff added to the ragu:  Basil, oregano, coarsely chopped onions, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, lots of green olives (some halved, some whole), and mixed with browned Italian sausage.  When I'm chopping up the veggies, I force myself to chop it into big chunks.  I use a crock pot and let the stuff simmer for a few hours.  I think the olives add a nice flavor.  I dump a whole jar of green olives along with the packing liquid into the pot.

I like chili, but not on pasta.  It just doesn't work for me.

GrinningYMIR

I like a little parmesan on my Spaghetti, on most pasta in general a little cheese isn't too bad.

but that looks like heart attack noodles, chili? and a pound and a half of cheese?

Damn man, you can probably hear the palpitations of your heart after one bite.

Also it looks like it would tear your stomach to shreds.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mermaid

Ew. That lends further credence to my belief that I would die a slow and painful death if I had to live in Ohio.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Plu

QuoteI like my spaghetti sauce on the chunky side with lots of stuff added to the ragu: Basil, oregano, coarsely chopped onions, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, lots of green olives (some halved, some whole), and mixed with browned Italian sausage. When I'm chopping up the veggies, I force myself to chop it into big chunks. I use a crock pot and let the stuff simmer for a few hours. I think the olives add a nice flavor. I dump a whole jar of green olives along with the packing liquid into the pot.

Sounds good. I also prefer to make the sauce thicker and the ingredients chunkier. I've also learned to reduce the amount of pasta used vs the amount of sauce. Much healthier and tastier. I usually add bell peppers, zuchini, onions, carrots, leek, extra tomatoes, lots of garlic, and then a base tomato sauce :) And then some cheese on top.

I've left out the meat entirely now, it just doesn't add anything worthwhile to a pasta imho.

SGOS

Quote from: "Plu"I usually add bell peppers, zuchini, onions, carrots, leek, extra tomatoes, lots of garlic,
Oh, yeah.  I forgot to list garlic.

Hydra009

Quote from: "SGOS"I like my spaghetti sauce on the chunky side with lots of stuff added to the ragu:  Basil, oregano, coarsely chopped onions, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, lots of green olives (some halved, some whole), and mixed with browned Italian sausage.
This.  A thousand times this.  With all the other ingredients, it only requires a small amount of meat, just enough to flavor the dish.  I usually don't even use shredded cheese, just a light dusting of grated parmesan on top.

But most of my family HATES it this way and prefer just the pasta, meat, and cheese in roughly equal proportion, like in the OP.  Bland and unnutritious.  I suspect that I'm adopted.