News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Truth Be Told

Started by Solitary, September 11, 2013, 11:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Movie presentation of Truth Be Told

"TRUTH BE TOLD lifts the veil on the seemingly benign Jehovah's Witnesses religion to expose a profit-driven, isolationist culture characterized by fear, totalitarian corporate leadership, intellectual & spiritual intimidation, suspension of critical thinking, failed prophecies, doctrinal inconsistency and improper handling of physical and sexual abuse allegations within the church. See former Jehovah's Witnesses candidly discuss growing up inside the religion. They reveal experiences including the effects of proselytizing door-to-door, shunning non-observant family and friends, suffering the discouragement of pursuing dreams like gaining a higher education, missing other societal holidays and customs. And more...

[youtube:a8kkm8w9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4nqYtzDaGE[/youtube:a8kkm8w9]

Sounds like organized child abuse to me. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

Jehovah's Witnesses, a religious group (therefore profit-driven by definition) that will do anything (absolutely no limits) it takes to make a profit.

Replace "Jehovah's Witnesses" with the name of any religious group and it's still true.

On Usenet, for many years, we put up with one of them, who was particularly obnoxious.  As part of his "career", he had driven a woman to suicide, and kicked his pregnant young daughter out of his home (permanently).  And he claimed that these things were within the teachings of the Church.

I've met some of the people who run the Witchtower (I worked in that area for a few years) and "Christian" is one name I wouldn't apply to them.  Satanic would come much closer.

Any time I find their pamphlets left for the public - laundromats, train stations, etc. - I dump them into the trash, then dump liquid - water, leftover soda, etc. - on them.  That's all they are - trash.

Child abuse?  Telling a child that he was born a sinner, and there's nothing he can do to change that is child abuse.  Telling him that if his belief wavers in the slightest, even for a moment, he'll die, is a lot worse than child abuse.  It's akin to not getting medical help for an injured child.  You're killing the child mentally.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Jason78

Quote from: "Solitary"Sounds like organized child abuse to me. Solitary

That's religion for you.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato