Good news guys! The black plague is back! :)

Started by PickelledEggs, September 14, 2013, 08:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Actually, not exactly the black plague, but apparently old diseases are coming back.

//http://www.vice.com/read/the-religious-rights-anti-vaccine-hysteria-is-reviving-dead-diseases

QuoteThese cases began in religious communities, but eventually spread out of them and infected infants who couldn't legally be vaccinated yet. This August, epidemiologists in Texas began investigating the Eagle Mountain International Church in Newark, Texas. The megachurch, which believes in faith healing, had become an open breeding ground for measles after a member of the congregation returned from Indonesia and infected 21 people in and around Newark.

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Actually, not exactly the black plague, but apparently old diseases are coming back.

//http://www.vice.com/read/the-religious-rights-anti-vaccine-hysteria-is-reviving-dead-diseases

QuoteThese cases began in religious communities, but eventually spread out of them and infected infants who couldn't legally be vaccinated yet. This August, epidemiologists in Texas began investigating the Eagle Mountain International Church in Newark, Texas. The megachurch, which believes in faith healing, had become an open breeding ground for measles after a member of the congregation returned from Indonesia and infected 21 people in and around Newark.

And ooo-eee if that don't make Texas fight, y'all. That's still a tahny bit small, though. Texas needs a bigger bite... Like when thems'll done got tir-yard of Obawmer an' duhsh-ahded to bite back... well y'alld'l done blowed up a fur't'lahzer plat out in West. Fuuuh-nee. Texplosion 2013!: Texas done fighted back, y'all...

If that don't make Texas fight back more than a tar-naduh waxin' dirt roads in Y'allpasser at sundown... Oooo-eee, y'all...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

Smartmarzipan

Welp, it's the Apocalypse. Someone call the Winchesters.

Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

AllPurposeAtheist

And ironically these strains also evolve into new, hard to treat strains that infect thousands, millions! BIllions! :shock:

No need for alarm though. Good ol Jesus is on the job hanging out on crosses.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "stromboli"And once again, stupidity is its own reward.

Quoted for truth

LikelyToBreak

We can only hope they will get some Darwin awards.  Amongst the older population of course.  The kids are still kind of innocent, at least for a while.

AllPurposeAtheist

Aren't these traditional family value diseases?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Agramon

The black death (Yersinia pestis) is actually endemic to certain parts of the world like the southwestern US where it can be found in rodents. There are a handful of infections in the US most years, which can be easily treated by antibiotics if caught early.

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

ApostateLois

Nice to know that all we have to do is take two pigeons, some red string, and a bit of hyssop, kill one of the pigeons, dip the other in its blood, then let it fly away, thus removing the disease from among us. I forget what we're supposed to do with the red string and the hyssop. In fact, I'm not quite sure what hyssop is. A tree? A caterpillar? A brand of shoe polish?  :-k
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Colanth

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Aren't these traditional family value diseases?
I thought those were syphilis, gonorrhea and AIDS.  Or is it homosexuality?  Or unmarried teen-age pregnancy?  I forget what people who believe in traditional family values get.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.