'MRRCA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION!!!

Started by PickelledEggs, September 10, 2013, 09:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

My friend posted some article about how the "Under God part of the pledge of allegiance was under review and stated how even though she doesn't believe in god she will be forced, as a teacher, to say the god part... going against her lack of faith.

I figured I would get 2 birds stoned at once by posting the link to the article and the nonsense comments that some of the people said. (I blocked out the names that weren't mine to keep their privacy)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/04/us/massac ... r_facebook

Hijiri Byakuren

It may not have been founded as a Christian nation, but it sure as fuck evolved into one.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Graceless

Quote from: "Thomas Jefferson"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.

A founding father, providing one of my favorite quotes on atheism.
My goals: Love, tolerate, and understand.

Colanth

None of the comments have much to do with the fact that the US was founded as a secular nation, and adding the words to the pledge, contrary to the Court's decision *IS* a violation of the Constitution.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"It may not have been founded as a Christian nation, but it sure as fuck evolved into one.

Tell me about it.  :roll:

Colanth

This is one case in which I think "devolved" fits better.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Colanth"This is one case in which I think "devolved" fits better.

[youtube:1ptawwy9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPLXHqOngw[/youtube:1ptawwy9]

Colanth

I'm not that fat, but if not for powered carts, it would take me 4 or 5 shopping trips a week.  I have degenerative disc disease, so walking for any distance (like to the mailbox at the curb in front of my house) is painful.  Walking all over the supermarket to shop would be impossible.

ApostateLois

It WOULD be possible IF YOU HAD JEEZIS IN UR HEART!
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Brian37

Quote from: "Graceless"
Quote from: "Thomas Jefferson"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.

Thomas Jefferson,

Who also said:

"whence comes the morality of the atheist? It is idol to say, as some do, that no such thing exists".
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Also Barbary Treaty article 11,

"As the government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" signed without dissent by both houses of congress into LAW, by President John Adams June 10th 1797.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

You all act AS IF actual history actually happened or something. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Quote from: "Graceless"

Hold on now, you feed the fundies by implying he was an atheist. No, he was a deist who valued the ability to question and be introspective. Jefferson was not an atheist. It is a great quote. He also said in other personal letters that atheists are capable of morality, and even that if you came to the conclusion that there was no god, that was ok too. But, he was not an atheist.

Savior2006

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"My friend posted some article about how the "Under God part of the pledge of allegiance was under review and stated how even though she doesn't believe in god she will be forced, as a teacher, to say the god part... going against her lack of faith.

I figured I would get 2 birds stoned at once by posting the link to the article and the nonsense comments that some of the people said. (I blocked out the names that weren't mine to keep their privacy)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/04/us/massac ... r_facebook

The same stupid conservative arguments.

1. I'm stupid.
2. I'm stupid and I think my religion and nobody else's should be endorsed by schools.
3. If have a problem with 1 and 2, you should leave the country.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano