Nothing New Here---Foot In Mouth.

Started by Solitary, August 30, 2013, 02:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

You would think after doing this so many times he would learn to get his facts straight. :roll:

Bill O'Reilly: I made wrong claim about march

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:02 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly has apologized for incorrectly stating that no Republicans were invited to participate in a ceremony this week marking the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington for civil rights and Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech.

In fact, Republican House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor were invited but did not attend. Former President George W. Bush sent a statement in commemoration. O'Reilly had made the incorrect claim on Wednesday, the day of the ceremony.

"The mistake -- entirely on me," O'Reilly said on his show Thursday. "I simply assumed that since all the speakers were liberal Democrats, Republicans had been excluded. So here's the tip of the day: Always check out the facts before you make a definitive statement and when you make a mistake, admit it."

O'Reilly said the Republicans made a mistake, too. He said they should have been there.

I think they showed their true colors by not showing up.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"You would think after doing this so many times he would learn to get his facts straight.
What he's learned is that it's politically cheaper to apologize for the few times you get something wrong, and say what you need to gain clout even if you know it's wrong, because you won't often get called on it.  (And even if you do get called on it, it's the wrong assertion that gets repeated and remembered.)

It's what politicians and religious leaders count on.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Solitary

That's why lawyers say the bell keeps ringing. They don't care about the truth, just winning. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Solitary"You would think after doing this so many times he would learn to get his facts straight. :roll:

Bill O'Reilly: I made wrong claim about march

Aug. 30, 2013, 2:02 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly has apologized for incorrectly stating that no Republicans were invited to participate in a ceremony this week marking the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington for civil rights and Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech.

In fact, Republican House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor were invited but did not attend. Former President George W. Bush sent a statement in commemoration. O'Reilly had made the incorrect claim on Wednesday, the day of the ceremony.

"The mistake -- entirely on me," O'Reilly said on his show Thursday. "I simply assumed that since all the speakers were liberal Democrats, Republicans had been excluded. So here's the tip of the day: Always check out the facts before you make a definitive statement and when you make a mistake, admit it."

O'Reilly said the Republicans made a mistake, too. He said they should have been there.

I think they showed their true colors by not showing up.  :roll:  Solitary
yeah they showed their true collors, "BROWN" as in brown shirts. The repukes and conservaturds are nothing if they aren't NAZIs.