Main Menu

Life of a Goomba

Started by _Xenu_, September 03, 2013, 11:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidel_Castronaut

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut":( that was sad
Yeah, it kinda was. His father goes to war and lives to see his wifes death.  The son goes to school, grows up and marries, then has his own kid. Having been trained to hate Mario from a young age, he trains valiantly to be a solider in Koopa's army. When he sees Mario, he looks at his commander for approval to attack then rushes Mario. His life flashes before his eyes and his wife is now a widow. :-(

Well animated though. Its not easy to make someone feel for something as lowly as a goomba.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

PickelledEggs

Hydra009

Plu

Quote from: "_Xenu_"
Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut":( that was sad
Yeah, it kinda was. His father goes to war and lives to see his wifes death.  The son goes to school, grows up and marries, then has his own kid. Having been trained to hate Mario from a young age, he trains valiantly to be a solider in Koopa's army. When he sees Mario, he looks at his commander for approval to attack then rushes Mario. His life flashes before his eyes and his wife is now a widow. :-(

Well animated though. Its not easy to make someone feel for something as lowly as a goomba.

It always amazes me when someone who experiences first hand the futilities of war and the pain it brings to their loved ones still decides that he should get out there himself so that more people can become widowed.

But maybe I'm just weird. I had trouble feeling sad for the goomba, I just kept thinking "you idiot".

SGOS

There is an old movie, not animated, called Super Mario Brothers.  The Marios were a couple of brothers who ran a family plumbing business.  It was a sleeper at the box office, but I thought it was a good movie, although not with the same message that people here seemed to have derived from the video linked to.  

I'm not sure the movie has a message, but I found it unusually interesting.  Dennis Hopper plays the villainous leader of an crazy alternate reality.  His name was Koopa and he led an army of mindless and grotesque beings called goobas or (something like that).  They posed a threat but I don't think they were evil, just mindless creatures that carried out Koopa's will.

Maybe it's rentable on Netflix, but I no longer get DVD's from Netflix.  I might see if I can buy it from Amazon.  I'd like to see it again.  Does anyone remember this film?

Plu

I know that I saw it, but I was too young to remember much of it, although I remember liking it. But that might've been because I was a kid.

SGOS

Quote from: "Plu"I know that I saw it, but I was too young to remember much of it, although I remember liking it. But that might've been because I was a kid.
$4.99 at Amazon.  I just ordered it.  Here is an Amazon review from a guy who remembers it better than I do.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R22BZR22JF ... ZR22JF62LZ

Hydra009

I remember.  The memories haunt me.

[youtube:sijzyc4a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KI4D7wkX5c[/youtube:sijzyc4a]

Fidel_Castronaut

Yeah I remember that movie, though like Plu I can't remember much about it when I watched it.

I'll look into getting it again. Look forward to the review, SGOS.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

SGOS

OMG!  After that review, I'm wondering if I just flushed $5 down the toilet.  But lets face it, that reviewer could have reviewed Casablanca, and made it sound like total shit.  Still, I'm looking forward to watching it again.  It will arrive in my mailbox on Monday.  If I remember, I'll post my second opinion of the movie after viewing it again 25 years later.

SGOS

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Yeah I remember that movie, though like Plu I can't remember much about it when I watched it.
I remember it as fascinating, but most definitely strange.  It defied much of what I thought movies were supposed to be.  I do know that I'm often drawn to unique movies, possibly for no other reason than they're unique.  I like it when Hollywood breaks out of it's usual box office formula now and then.  I do quite often.  For some reason, lacking any deep insight into the human condition or thoughtful message of hope, this movie struck a pleasant cord back then.

Eric1958

Dennis Hopper is not from an alternative universe, he IS an alternative universe. That guy plays some weird characters. I like him. Did he make a movie with Jodi foster, where he plays a hit man sent to kill a witness to a mob hit? He ends up killing her boyfriend and kidnappingher, tthen they are both on the run from the mob. Blue Velvet maybe? Good movie anyway.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Hydra009"[ Image ][ Image ]

God, I love propaganda posters.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur