News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How do you deal with religious relatives?

Started by Rob4you, August 28, 2013, 07:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

My advice while perhaps uncomfortable at times is always effective. Always summon up her dental deity, The Tooth Fairy and mention she's the ONLY deity to ever pay cold, hard cash.
In the event of dental failure I have a backup plan that is rather crass, but effective and it goes like this: Go fuck yourself!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Samabq

Ok,I guess I still an confused.Im 58 and have been in the closet since I was in my early 20s.After much research reading and listening to many debates and lectures I finally  decided to join this forum as I was tired of lying to myself and others.My life has been based mostly on symbolism,when I graduated from nursing school I proudly wore my class pin as a symbol of achievement  I guess,and after completing the grueling police academy I proudly displayed my badge on my chest for 24 years and  still carry a retirement badge.Recently I purchased a necklace  displaying the international symbol for Atheism.I will no longer be afraid of what Christians think about me!Im out of the closet and not going back!but I guess some of you make sense too.There in lies the confusion.