Pat Robertson’s FUBAR and the Christian Broadcasting Network

Started by Solitary, August 28, 2013, 10:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

QuoteOn the 700 Club, Pat Robertson told his co-host Terry Meeuwsen that in San Francisco, some members of the gay community want to spread the HIV/AIDS virus by wearing a ring that cuts people when shaking hands.

"You know what they do in San Francisco, some in the gay community there they want to get people so if they got the stuff they'll have a ring, you shake hands, and the ring's got a little thing where you cut your finger," Robertson said. "Really. It's that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder."

The conversation originated as a response to a question from a viewer who expressed concern that a man she was driving to church was infected with HIV. She complained that the church had not informed her. Robertson admitted he used to believe one might catch the virus from "saliva and other things" but he now understands it "may" be transmitted by sexual contact.

The video is no longer available for viewing. Prior to writing this piece, I actually watched it and when I was ready to embed it, it mysteriously disappeared. It seems the Christian Broadcasting Network is trying to provide cover and concealment for Robertson's fuckery. Go figure!

How very Christian of them.

Right Wing Watch reported that Robertson issued a "non-apology" to The Atlantic, saying that he "regret that my remarks had been misunderstood, but this often happens because people do not listen to the context of remarks which are being said."

Take this Pat Robinson:  http://youtu.be/mDm0zsw9vjY   What a stupid ass. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

If this person was more technologically savvy, he might've been able to recover the video from this temporary files.

Colanth

And if Robertson were more savvy he might know that getting cut doesn't cause HIV, unless the hand wearing the ring is bleeding, which would be kind of apparent.

But his followers are probably as stupid as he is, so they'll probably believe him.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

AllPurposeAtheist

Spy vs Spy here. Isn't the stuff of cheap cold war novels?
If the rich gay community of SF wanted to infect people at random with HIV using dart guns would be much more efficient. I might take note if someones ring cut me and depending on who it is I might beat them senseless on the spot. Now ol Patty Boy I'd beat daily and twice every Sunday, ring or no ring. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Secret decoder rings are the motif of b-movies and were prizes in Cracker Jack boxes, but when you sell the same blood lust and blind loyalty motif, should it shock anyone that  Robertson says crap like this? He also sat next to Fartwell blaming Katrina on liberals and gays.

This fuckwad wants to claim gays love blood letting as a sign of loyalty but his head super hero did just that.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Lao Tou

One of my brothers-in-law was initially unwilling to eat at the same table as I was eating because (A) All Americans have AIDS and (B) you can get that stuff just by being close to them (Americans, that is). He eventually figured out that the rest of the family was doing just fine and he was being an idiot. We got along more or less after that.
Recovering Baptist

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can\'t prove it, but you can\'t disprove it either."
Christopher Hitchens, in "God is Not Great"

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Brian37

Quote from: "SGOS"Robertson is a douchebag.

That is an insult to douchebags.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Mermaid

Quote from: "SGOS"Robertson is a douchebag.
I think this makes him officially a senile, delusional old jerkoff with holes in his brain.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

Robertson is a multimillionaire who got rich off the paranoia of his audience, then invested in gold mines in Africa and other things. We is reportedly worth over 200 million and owns a mountain top in Tennessee with private jets. He is neither senile nor delusional. He is a monster that preys on a semi literate following.

QuoteRobertson is a global businessman with media holdings in Asia, the United Kingdom, and Africa. He struck a deal with Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based General Nutrition Center to produce and market a weight-loss shake he created and promoted on The 700 Club.
In 1999, Robertson entered into a joint venture with the Bank of Scotland to provide financial services in the United States. However, the move was met with criticism in the UK due to Robertson's views on homosexuality. Robertson commented that "In Europe, the big word is tolerance. You tolerate everything. Homosexuals are riding high in the media ... And in Scotland, you can't believe how strong the homosexuals are." Shortly afterward, the Bank of Scotland canceled the venture.[18][19]
Robertson's extensive business interests have earned him a net worth estimated between $200 million and $1 billion.[20]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robert ... _interests

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"Not everyone that gets HIV is gay either. Solitary
For many years now, the majority of new cases has been through heterosexual transmission.  The old "gay disease" nonsense is just another catchword of Christianity.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "Solitary"
QuoteOn the 700 Club, Pat Robertson told his co-host Terry Meeuwsen that in San Francisco, some members of the gay community want to spread the HIV/AIDS virus by wearing a ring that cuts people when shaking hands.

"You know what they do in San Francisco, some in the gay community there they want to get people so if they got the stuff they'll have a ring, you shake hands, and the ring's got a little thing where you cut your finger," Robertson said. "Really. It's that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder."

The conversation originated as a response to a question from a viewer who expressed concern that a man she was driving to church was infected with HIV. She complained that the church had not informed her. Robertson admitted he used to believe one might catch the virus from "saliva and other things" but he now understands it "may" be transmitted by sexual contact.

The video is no longer available for viewing. Prior to writing this piece, I actually watched it and when I was ready to embed it, it mysteriously disappeared. It seems the Christian Broadcasting Network is trying to provide cover and concealment for Robertson's fuckery. Go figure!

How very Christian of them.

Right Wing Watch reported that Robertson issued a "non-apology" to The Atlantic, saying that he "regret that my remarks had been misunderstood, but this often happens because people do not listen to the context of remarks which are being said."

Take this Pat Robinson:  http://youtu.be/mDm0zsw9vjY   What a stupid ass. Solitary

Ohchrist, how I love the non-apologies.

Person says X.

People are understandably upset.

"I'm sorry you are all stupid and thought that I said X when I totally didn't."

Fucking turd waffle.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges