News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

God Did It For Our Sins

Started by Solitary, August 27, 2013, 12:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Why would God punish one particular man for our sins? Talk about denial of reality and science using God as a reason is insane.

Ken Ham, the founder and president of the Creation Museum and Answers in Genesis ministry, responded to gibes on secular blogs by people making fun of the fact that a worker at the zip lines attraction was injured by lightning last week.

"It has been quite amazing (and in a way humorous but sad) to see the many secularist comments/blogs (some quite ridiculous) on the person who was shocked as a result of a nearby lighting strike at the Creation Museum," Ham wrote in a Facebook post on Monday.

"Most of them, as is usual for these secularists, get their facts way wrong – they just quote each other and so the legend grows!"

The incident occurred last week in Boone County, Ky., when a worker on the zip lines course, which opened in June with the aim of attracting a broader audience to the Creation Museum and its Bible-inspired exhibits, touched an object that had been energized by lightning. He was taken to the hospital, but his injuries were not thought to be serious.

A number of secular bloggers took the opportunity to poke fun at the news story, suggesting that the incident was "God's message to Ken Ham."

"The Christian right is constantly telling us that natural disasters, storms and personal tragedies are examples of God sending a message to us that we're not doing his will. So what will the message be now that God apparently struck an employee of the Creation Museum with lightning on the job?" Ed Brayton of FreeThoughts Blogs wrote.

Follow us
"Hmmm. Is God telling them that the non-religious zip lines are an abomination? Or maybe the whole museum is?" the blogger continued.

Responding to that post, Ham explained that disasters and personal tragedies happen due to God's judgment stemming from the sin of Adam, as found in Genesis in the Bible.

"Romans 8.22 makes it clear the whole world groans because of our sin. The fact we get sick and die is because of God's judgment on sin! But praise the Lord, God had a plan from eternity to save us from the consequence of our sin – He paid the penalty for our sin and offers us a free gift of salvation (Romans 10:9)," the Creation Museum president added.

He also clarified that the injured worker was an employee of the company that runs the zip lines.
"Violent storms are a reminder we live in a fallen world – and a reminder we are sinners – and a reminder we all need salvation," Ham concluded.

They must be an atheist company. :shock:  :roll:   :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

WitchSabrina

:rollin:  sweet electrifying bolts batman!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

SGOS

I wouldn't go to the creation museum.  I'm quite sure I'd be shocked.

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"Responding to that post, Ham explained that disasters and personal tragedies happen due to God's judgment stemming from the sin of Adam, as found in Genesis in the Bible.
So all those morons telling us that this or that disaster struck because of homosexuality or atheism or other such "not pro-God" activities don't know what they're talking about?  That's what Ham is saying.

I'm sure all the other celebrity preachers, the ones who have been totally wrong all this time, will be glad to know that Ham has come up with the definitive God-ruling on that matter.  Has anyone notified Christianity?  Officially, I mean.  Like a notice to the Pope?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

The Whit

The best part about the whole article is that the dude was shocked by something that had been charged by lightning.  So now god's pulling pranks?
"Death can not be killed." -brq

ApostateLois

Disasters are to punish the wicked...except when they happen to Christians.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "ApostateLois"Disasters are to punish the wicked...except when they happen to Christians.

Perfect for a bumper sticker!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Brian37

Quote from: "SGOS"I wouldn't go to the creation museum.  I'm quite sure I'd be shocked.

No, that is the sad part. I wish most of humanity would be shocked if a family member or friend or co worker, or even foe, went around claiming invisible friends. It would be nice that every time someone said "My God said"....It would be nice if most people said "Put the comic book away and quit talking to yourself".

I wish I could say that I am shocked by Ham or Robertson or Imams or any nut claiming an invisible non existent super hero. But, even prior to the modern cluster fuck 3, our species produced sun gods and volcano gods, and cave gods.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "ApostateLois"Disasters are to punish the wicked...except when they happen to Christians.
They are in a better place now. Let us pray.

PickelledEggs

I want to go to the creation museum as an under-cover fundie. I can record a video and post it on youtube.

I don't think there will be too many people that won't be anything less than shocked at the stupidity that the place is home to. I bet even most people that call themselves Christians would think that that place is ridiculous. Especially the ones that are nearby my area.

Nothing makes someone question themselves like mass ridicule.

....maybe I should get some rest. That came out a little harsher than I meant to and I'm too lazy to change it now. oh well

Colanth

Quote from: "Brian37"But, even prior to the modern cluster fuck 3, our species produced sun gods and volcano gods, and cave gods.
It was understandable back then, when we understood little more about the universe than monkeys did.  It's not understandable now, when we understand what causes some phenomenon, but the mentally deficient cling to the belief that some god makes it happen.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

ApostateLois

We have a pretty good idea of what causes lightning and thunder, and it is definitely not Zeus or Odin or Yahweh hurling lightning bolts at hapless sinners. Even most religious believers admit this. So I do not understand why they think that some god is "up there" doing other things, like causing earthquakes, or killing some guy as a sacrifice to take away sins, or just generally caring about human beings at all.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Minimalist

There is a profoundness to their stupidity which surpasses understanding.

Which is a polite way of saying that xtians are out of their fucking minds.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Brian37

Quote from: "Minimalist"There is a profoundness to their stupidity which surpasses understanding.

Which is a polite way of saying that xtians are out of their fucking minds.

Name me any human in our species history who claims an invisible friend who is in their right mind? Christianity merely is a currently popular delusion. But it stems from the same family of delusion in our species history. Credulity is unfortunately our species social norm and not limited to or exclusive to one religion.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

aitm

An old friend of mine in Lubbuck Tx posted on his FB "pray for us, the devil is attacking my family".......

:shock:

:-s

:rollin:

then I would read the responses
 :Hangman:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust