News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I'm offended by what you said!

Started by hillbillyatheist, August 25, 2013, 09:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "billhilly"Interesting discussion.  Just throwing this out there but..  What about the pickup artist who intentionally sets out to psychologically manipulate someone into having sex with him?  Is it different, better or worse if you use polished bullshit instead of alcohol?

Good question.  I've always eschewed lines for exactly that reason, that it's a cheesy one-size-fits-all thing that not only demeans the woman, but also demeans the man spitting lines, the reason being that if I'm using lines, I'm not trusting my people-sense and inherently showing myself to therefore be not-real.

I'd rather get shot down being myself than get laid playing a role ... only to have to keep that role-playing up, right?

Bottom line, I guess I value being real more than being sexed-up.  

Jesus, I sound like a twat right now.
<insert witty aphorism here>

billhilly

It's not so much a value thing for me as just being too lazy I suppose.  I've worked with some guys (singers mainly) who've had really good "game".  Being the curious type, I looked into it and it seems to be a fairly sound theory.  Kind of a twisted manipulation of anthropology.  They're really good at aping behaviors that women are wired to be attracted to on a subconscious level and I'll be damned if it doesn't work.  I'm just too lazy and reserved to "peacock".

IMMadAsHell

I'm offended when people thank god for the food that's on their table especially if I'm the one that put it there.

I'm offended when people thank god in response to being helped by Fireman, Police or good Samaritans (ie helpful person who jumps in river and saves their child etc)

I'm offended when someone in a crowd decides that everyone of us should pray.  

And on and on.  

So, let's require persons of faith to stop the nonsense because it offends me.
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony

Two hands working can accomplish more than a thousand clasped in prayer. – Anonymous

Plu

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "billhilly"Interesting discussion.  Just throwing this out there but..  What about the pickup artist who intentionally sets out to psychologically manipulate someone into having sex with him?  Is it different, better or worse if you use polished bullshit instead of alcohol?

Good question.  I've always eschewed lines for exactly that reason, that it's a cheesy one-size-fits-all thing that not only demeans the woman, but also demeans the man spitting lines, the reason being that if I'm using lines, I'm not trusting my people-sense and inherently showing myself to therefore be not-real.

I'd rather get shot down being myself than get laid playing a role ... only to have to keep that role-playing up, right?

Bottom line, I guess I value being real more than being sexed-up.  

Jesus, I sound like a twat right now.

If that's true, I wish the world were full of twats. On the one hand, people who are only after meaningless sex are incredibly lame and uninteresting people.
On the other hand, so are the people who fall for their shit, usually.