WIlliam Lane Craig vs. "The Unbelievers" Film

Started by Sleeper, August 18, 2013, 09:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeper

Below Professor Lawrence Krauss gives a brief overview of Dr. Craig's... umm... we'll just start with "disingenuous" treatment of the film "The Unbelievers," starring Krauss and Professor Richard Dawkins.

Protesting a bit too much, are we Dr. Craig?

[youtube:3b0dawqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgxUTJmcWsM[/youtube:3b0dawqg]
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

Colanth

What do you expect from a religion that said, before it was even formally formed, that lying for its benefit wasn't a sin?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

josephpalazzo

Someone said that religion is the greatest hoax... wonder why!

Hydra009

Wow, WLC is lying like his pants are on fire.  Which come to think of it, shouldn't be much of a surprise.  

But on balance, I suppose he has done us a big favor.  He is drumming up attention for movie that people might otherwise ignore.  And these sorts of attacks are practically ready-made comedy fodder.

[youtube:234oavv9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw_SJ9Hxzko[/youtube:234oavv9]

Taste the butthurt.

Colanth

Not only too long, too stupid.  Is he supposed to be the poster boy for the redneck stereotype?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

bada94

People like him are holding back the progress of our species. What a fucking cunt.
One shouldn\'t believe everything one reads on the internet. - Abraham Lincoln

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. - Christopher Hitchens

Smartmarzipan

Another creationist quote-mining scientists.....it's an old tactic, I don't know why they still use it. Shit, they've been doing it since Darwin published the first book on evolution.

I don't know why the creationist/religious community got their panties wet over this guy. They like to talk about how smart and brilliant and great and articulate he is, but I have yet to see how he's any different from any other famous apologist as far as his arguments (and tactics) are concerned.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Solitary

Quote from: "Hydra009"Wow, WLC is lying like his pants are on fire.  Which come to think of it, shouldn't be much of a surprise.  

But on balance, I suppose he has done us a big favor.  He is drumming up attention for movie that people might otherwise ignore.  And these sorts of attacks are practically ready-made comedy fodder.

Writer posted a YouTube video

Taste the butthurt.

I could not watch all of it because there were so many logical fallacies, especially Non Sequiturs.  :roll:  I hope more people like him keep making videos to see how stupid they are.  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

JonathanG

Quote from: "Hydra009"Wow, WLC is lying like his pants are on fire.  Which come to think of it, shouldn't be much of a surprise.  

Writer posted a YouTube video

Taste the butthurt.

You'd think that for a proof by verbosity they'd go with a more charismatic and eloquent speaker.
He thinks too much; such men are dangerous.
-Julius Caesar Act I:ii

Sleeper

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"Another creationist quote-mining scientists.....it's an old tactic, I don't know why they still use it. Shit, they've been doing it since Darwin published the first book on evolution.

I don't know why the creationist/religious community got their panties wet over this guy. They like to talk about how smart and brilliant and great and articulate he is, but I have yet to see how he's any different from any other famous apologist as far as his arguments (and tactics) are concerned.
Sure it's old tactics, but they at least usually wait for the argument to come to them. Rarely if ever have I seen a guy get such a salty vagina over a film that hasn't even been released yet that he obtains a pirated audio copy, doesn't listen to it correctly, then goes on podcast after podcast refuting what he misheard.

Keep it up, Craig. You're taking the letters off your own jacket.

And he's no different at all. For some reason he just makes people feel better about the stupid shit they say.

gomtuu77

I thought I was going to hear some kind of scandal.  What I heard was someone making hyperbolic comments regarding a mistake made by a Christian in order to make it appear to be more than it was.  I think you can argue over the details, but it wouldn't appear that the issues were as big as they were made out to be by Krauss.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis, Is Theology Poetry? -

Sleeper

An honest mistake is one thing.

Recording three podcasts and writing a review of a film one obtains illegally, intentionally distorting words, claiming to quote directly from the film and adding verbiage that was not there, not even bothering to make sure they are being fair and quoting accurately, all in a pre-meditated effort to speak negatively of the film's creators - is quite another thing. Krauss himself said he had every intention of letting it go until he found out just how dishonest and blatant Craig was actually being.

I do find it ironic that you consider Dr. Krauss' words hyperbolic, not Dr. Craig's. If he's wearing my jersey, I'll cover for him, right?