News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Sleep?

Started by Solitary, August 17, 2013, 12:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

I watched.  I got sleepy.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Solitary

What I want to know is how you stay asleep. I wake up every four hours or less. :shock:  :twisted:  Solitary

Colanth

That's normal as we get older.  Just go back to sleep.  (Dark bedroom, don't get out of bed, etc.)

Solitary

But I have to pee.  :shock:  :lol: Solitary

Colanth

I meant don't, as some people do, get out of bed and start doing things - watching TV, puttering around, etc.  Get up, go to the bathroom, then go back to bed.  You may not think you'll get much sleep, but you'll probably get 7 or 8 hours total.  (If not, it could be time for a new mattress.  Seriously.)

Shiranu

Quote from: "Solitary"What I want to know is how you stay asleep. I wake up every four hours or less. :shock:  :twisted:  Solitary

I envy you... I normally stay up for about 18-30 hours then sleep 12 or so.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AtheTurk

in the past. people think that brain gets tired of working and must rest in nights while sleeping.
it's wrong. brain don't get tired like body's mass. it still work and process what we live in day.
why we are sleeping isn't because of getting tired of brain. what is the reason is unknown.

AllPurposeAtheist

I sleep because I can therefor I am...unless I have insomnia.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.