Area 51: The CIA Finally Admits

Started by SGOS, August 16, 2013, 12:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

And it's a real bummer, too.  Nothing about aliens and flying saucers.  Nothing!

http://gma.yahoo.com/area-51-revealed-c ... ories.html

QuoteArea 51 in Nevada has long been the subject of wild conspiracy theories about extraterrestrials, time travel and alien autopsies, but newly released declassified documents from the CIA finally acknowledge its existence.

The report does not detail the sensational stories that have played out in pop culture for decades, but states that Area 51 was started as a testing site for the government's U-2 spy plane. The report, more than 400 pages, is titled "Central Intelligence Agency and Overhead Reconnaissance: The U-2 and Oxcart Programs, 1954-1974."

The U-2 spy planes were commonly used by the United States during the Cold War in reconnaissance missions around the globe.

Officials and former employees have previously acknowledged in passing the existence of the facility and how it was used for testing U-2 planes, but this is the first time the U.S. government has openly referred to Area 51 and given specifics on its operations. The report also features a map of the area.

Ahhh, but what it doesn't say speaks volumes, right?  I hope we can keep the conspiracy theories going anyway.  Because they're fun.

Solitary

How could anyone not know that was what was going on there. If you look at the picture of a so-call flying saucer in the hanger it is obviously a stealth fighter even though from the front it does look like a flying saucer. It would have been neat if it really was though. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Atheon

I always knew it was a testing ground for military aircraft. No surprise there.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Solitary

Here are pictures of Skunk Work's planes, and one of the pilots:    

:shock:   :rollin:  Solitary

AllPurposeAtheist

We used to see stealth fighters over Dayton a lot before they were released to the media.. always knew they were fighter planes, but the stories were much larger than life..
Dayton is home to Wright Patterson Air Force Base.. lots of top secret stuff always going on there and conspiracy nonsense.. It's where the REAL aliens are kept! Area 51 was just a cover story. :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

bericks999

During my time in the A.F., flying on AWACS, we were required to blank all radar returns from the entire azimuth of area 51.  Even during highly classified missions, no information was given and none was allowed to be gained regarding area 51.  After each mission where it might have been possible to gain information accidently regarding area 51, we were debriefed by intelligence officers as to anything out of the ordinary.

I'm just saying!!!
... I swear, one day religion is going to physically poison me to death.

SGOS

I lived in Kingman Arizona back in the early 70's for one year.  On occasion we could see a rocket going up into the sky way off to the west.  Everyone just said it was a testing area.  I suppose that was Area 51.

stromboli

After being in the Navy aboard ships with all kinds of secret shit, stuff that was then (68-72) space age is now commonplace, like GPS. I also worked on aircraft at Hill that had "space age alloys" that are now commonplace. Guarantee the military has shit they don't want anyone to know about. Never thought it was aliens.

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Solitary

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"We used to see stealth fighters over Dayton a lot before they were released to the media.. always knew they were fighter planes, but the stories were much larger than life..
Dayton is home to Wright Patterson Air Force Base.. lots of top secret stuff always going on there and conspiracy nonsense.. It's where the REAL aliens are kept! Area 51 was just a cover story. :roll:

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Atheon"I always knew it was a testing ground for military aircraft. No surprise there.
This...