News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sorry, there's only one Messiah

Started by josephpalazzo, August 12, 2013, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

QuoteJudge Ballew ordered the 7-month-old's name be "Martin DeShawn McCullough." It includes both parent's last names but leaves out Messiah.

Quote"The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ," Judge Ballew said.

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/283997 ... om-Messiah

Plu

Duplicate thread :) (Although your title is better ;))

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2014

AllPurposeAtheist

So a judge gets to decide that, huh? I guess he missed that part about judge not lest ye be judged. But of course he couldn't be cherry picking now could he?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

ApostateLois

Messiah isn't the worst name I've ever heard for a baby, but it's still pretty stupid, and incredibly pretentious. So, too, are names like Prince, Queen, Duchess, etc. I remember reading a study showing that people with weird names have a harder time getting hired, and end up making less money, than people with traditional or common names.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

MrsSassyPants

OMG I LIVE IN TN AND I TOTALLY KNOW THIS JUDGE!!!!   The funny thing is that her husband acts like he's on drugs, and she's always been really nice to me.  Can't believe she would do that. She really needs some punishment, church and STATE YALL!!!!!   Can't have both!!!!!!!!
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU!

Shiranu

Quote from: "ApostateLois"Messiah isn't the worst name I've ever heard for a baby, but it's still pretty stupid, and incredibly pretentious. So, too, are names like Prince, Queen, Duchess, etc. I remember reading a study showing that people with weird names have a harder time getting hired, and end up making less money, than people with traditional or common names.

Well, I'm fucked then. My first name is French/Filipino and my last name is Latin, and neither of them are one's you will see even remotely commonly.

As for Messiah... yes, its a title... like King, queen, etc like you said above. And Jesus was NOT the only messiah, nor in all faiths outside your own THE messiah... so QQ more.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Why the Hell did this issue even end up in a court?

Plu

Because:
QuoteJaleesa Martin and the father of Messiah could not agree on a last name, which is how they ended up at a child support hearing in Cocke County Chancery Court on Thursday.

Sounds like it's going to be a great life for this little kid.

Colanth

First thing the judge should have done - find the child grown up parents.  These people don't sound adult enough to raise a child.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.