Fuck Me In The Ass 'Cause I Love Jesus

Started by Jmpty, July 23, 2013, 10:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

Quote from: "Antyla"Why is butt sex a sin anyway? Why is anything a sin anyway? One of the many things that I fail to understand about Christianity, is Jesus' sacrifice.  What does 'he died for our sins' mean?

In part because that makes it easier to control people, in part because it's an easy way to "convict" people of something horrible and get rid of them, in part because some of the rules actually made sense back then, but no longer does.

Religion is very good in keeping people in check and having them do what you want them to do. If you look at weird things in religion with a view of "how would this help church leaders hold power over ignorant hicks?" you can usually come up with a good answer.

Antyla

Quote from: "Plu"
Quote from: "Antyla"Why is butt sex a sin anyway? Why is anything a sin anyway? One of the many things that I fail to understand about Christianity, is Jesus' sacrifice.  What does 'he died for our sins' mean?

In part because that makes it easier to control people, in part because it's an easy way to "convict" people of something horrible and get rid of them, in part because some of the rules actually made sense back then, but no longer does.

Religion is very good in keeping people in check and having them do what you want them to do. If you look at weird things in religion with a view of "how would this help church leaders hold power over ignorant hicks?" you can usually come up with a good answer.

What I was trying to ask is that if god died for the sins of humanity then why do sins exist? Why do religions exist? Why do I have to be a Christian in order for the 'cleansing' to take place, thus making me inherit the eternal life in heav.. This sounds so silly. >.<

Plu

Do you want the kind of answer that you'll get from a person inside the church trying to get you to show up, listen, and pay his wages?
Or do you want the kind of answer that you get if you ask an outsider?

Because they're nothing alike. The reason it all sounds so weird is because the answer only makes sense if you accept the answer before you even hear it. If you're expecting a logical, sensible line of reasoning from a member of the church itself... good luck with that :P

It's kinda like asking a question about how the warp drive in star trek works. You can either get an in-character explanation which will make no sense to you because it's not based on objective reality but rather answered with the goal of making the thing sound believable to someone who has their suspension of disbelief active for some reason, or you can get the out-of-character explanation, which will be completely different and mostly along the lines of "it's all bull", but unless you realise there is this clear divide of possible answers and you know which kind of answer you want, the whole thing will make your head spin.

Antyla

Quote from: "Plu"Do you want the kind of answer that you'll get from a person inside the church trying to get you to show up, listen, and pay his wages?
Or do you want the kind of answer that you get if you ask an outsider?

Because they're nothing alike. The reason it all sounds so weird is because the answer only makes sense if you accept the answer before you even hear it. If you're expecting a logical, sensible line of reasoning from a member of the church itself... good luck with that :P

It's kinda like asking a question about how the warp drive in star trek works. You can either get an in-character explanation which will make no sense to you because it's not based on objective reality but rather answered with the goal of making the thing sound believable to someone who has their suspension of disbelief active for some reason, or you can get the out-of-character explanation, which will be completely different and mostly along the lines of "it's all bull", but unless you realise there is this clear divide of possible answers and you know which kind of answer you want, the whole thing will make your head spin.

You could give me both versions of the answer, if that's okay with you.

Plu

I'll try tonight. I just got something fun to do at work, which I'll have to do first :D

Meanwhile if anyone else wants to try, be my guest :P Some of you have much more experience with church-babble than I have.

Fidel_Castronaut

Just hope they can sit down afterwards.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Colanth

Quote from: "Antyla"You could give me both versions of the answer, if that's okay with you.
Real reason:

Unless you come to the church every week and give them money, you're scared that something bad will happen to you.  (And it will.  Bad things always happen.  And the church leaders tell you that it's because you aren't a believer.  When you're a believer and bad things happen - they still will - they tell you that it's because God works in mysterious ways, or we can't question God or some other bullshit.)

As long as they keep getting your money, it's working, since that's really most of what religion is about.  (It's also about keeping people from revolting and killing the leaders.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.