News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

came here from a christian forum

Started by taikina, August 07, 2013, 06:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "taikina"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Generally, those forums are boring little circle-jerks where pecking orders are established, observed, and occasionally contested (which is really funny, if you ask me.)  I've also met interesting believers with unusual takes on faith, their Scriptures, and spirituality in general.  They make wading through the sludge occasionally worthwhile.
omg how could you sum this up so. hit the nail on the head. and they do with well-wishes while putting on predatory smiles, many of my difficult questions brushed off with some joke(high-fives followed, while i watched from the side.) brrrrr. but then there was also the ex junkies with a more open and psychedelic take on stuff.
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Not sure I understand the 'humbling' part for an atheist joining a christian forum.......buut........... welcome anyway.
it's humbling because it's so easy to look at (these)people as one writhing blob of stupidity. i have never been a christian though i believed in the god from hollywood movies and my daycare sermons and it made me face the fact that there are at least some cool people of deep faith, even liberal and laid back (and even the most assholest christian conservative is still a human, i guess i forgot that at some point.)

Ok.  I can see that - sort of.  The sort of part is just me being cynical.  Like the new word:  Assholest.  That one's gonna stick.  lol
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "taikina"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Generally, those forums are boring little circle-jerks where pecking orders are established, observed, and occasionally contested (which is really funny, if you ask me.)  I've also met interesting believers with unusual takes on faith, their Scriptures, and spirituality in general.  They make wading through the sludge occasionally worthwhile.
omg how could you sum this up so. hit the nail on the head. and they do with well-wishes while putting on predatory smiles, many of my difficult questions brushed off with some joke(high-fives followed, while i watched from the side.) brrrrr. but then there was also the ex junkies with a more open and psychedelic take on stuff.
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Not sure I understand the 'humbling' part for an atheist joining a christian forum.......buut........... welcome anyway.
it's humbling because it's so easy to look at (these)people as one writhing blob of stupidity. i have never been a christian though i believed in the god from hollywood movies and my daycare sermons and it made me face the fact that there are at least some cool people of deep faith, even liberal and laid back (and even the most assholest christian conservative is still a human, i guess i forgot that at some point.)

Ok.  I can see that - sort of.  The sort of part is just me being cynical.  Like the new word:  Assholest.  That one's gonna stick.  lol
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.