News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Beware of the Google[bot]

Started by SGOS, August 07, 2013, 09:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I never noticed it before, but in the line at the bottom of each thread that says, "Others using the forum", the first listed "other" is sometimes "Google [bot]".  Well I guess the forum is open to anyone who wants to lurk, and there are probably more nefarious intruders than Google[bot].  Some could be your Christian neighbors who lurk here to get some "goods" on you that they can gossip about, but I guess Google[bot] is probably just trying to figure out what he should advertise to you..... or is he?  Actually, I doubt the ethics of a Google[bot], if you are planning on running for public office, would a Google[bot] sell your personal information to an opponent who will use it to smear your reputation and ruin your life?

Creepy!

_Xenu_

Googlebot is merely indexing pages for future searches.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

AllPurposeAtheist

Googlebot is vaguely related to the NSA listening in on me to find out when the next bus is coming. Just for reference googlebot, the next number 3 bus is due at 2:46pm at Mound & Sauder. Make sure Uncle Sam is on time please.

Thanks,
A concerned citizen.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sal1981

Google only indexes the content on their massive server farms.

Fidel_Castronaut

I had sex with googlebot, but she never called back :,(
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Farroc

It's too bad the NSA is using Google bot to spy on us. That might really impede our plan to set off a bomb in Times Square.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks