News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

People that ruin it for other people by being idiots on motorcycles, and why people hate bikers. I don't care if people like to show off, but do it on a race track, not on public roads that can get innocent people killed by braking the rules of the road made to protect everyone. And how would a person feel if they ran over idiots like this when they fall or ran stop signs and make hamburger out of them? https://youtu.be/x_Q2RFEPBko The Rap Crap is perfect for this vide! The Graphic art is great though.

https://youtu.be/o7korslDu-k
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Quotebraking the rules of the road
Can't tell if spelling error or pun...

Munch

Hot sunny Tuesday, hard to sleep due to heat. Hot sunny Wednesday, sweat a lot and feel tired due to heat. Hot sunny Thursday, getting annoyed now. Hot sunny Friday, decide to buy some charcoal bags for a bbq on Sunday and make the most of it. Hot sunny Saturday, buy chicken, sausages and salad for a proper bbq on Sunday.

Sunday.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on June 23, 2015, 02:56:46 PM
Hot sunny Tuesday, hard to sleep due to heat. Hot sunny Wednesday, sweat a lot and feel tired due to heat. Hot sunny Thursday, getting annoyed now. Hot sunny Friday, decide to buy some charcoal bags for a bbq on Sunday and make the most of it. Hot sunny Saturday, buy chicken, sausages and salad for a proper bbq on Sunday.

Sunday.

Don't complain---keep the 'hot' chain going and you have it here--with no rain in sight.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

Quote from: Solitary on June 23, 2015, 12:07:41 PM
People that ruin it for other people by being idiots on motorcycles, and why people hate bikers. I don't care if people like to show off, but do it on a race track, not on public roads that can get innocent people killed by braking the rules of the road made to protect everyone. And how would a person feel if they ran over idiots like this when they fall or ran stop signs and make hamburger out of them?

The Rap Crap is perfect for this vide! The Graphic art is great though.

...and they make these videos because they think they're cool.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 23, 2015, 04:41:18 PM
Don't complain---keep the 'hot' chain going and you have it here--with no rain in sight.

I guess your right, and I like rain, and thankful (to who I dunno?) for it.
Just want my BBQ meat :(

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 23, 2015, 04:41:18 PM
People around here complain about both the heat and the rain.  Though to be fair, there's high humidity either way. 

Seems like people around here overwhelmingly want simultaneously sunny and cool weather.  Well, people in hell want ice water.  And probably not to be in hell.  The point is, the ice water thing is in the top ten.

I met a former NYC native who was surprised by the heat.  In late May.  He's in for a treat come late July / early August.

Solitary

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 23, 2015, 02:34:45 PM
Can't tell if spelling error or pun...
It was a spelling error. My bad.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 23, 2015, 05:16:37 PM

I met a former NYC native who was surprised by the heat.  In late May.  He's in for a treat come late July / early August.

I feel lucky I don't live in the midlands here, and live on a raised area of land.

Atheon

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 23, 2015, 05:16:37 PMSeems like people around here overwhelmingly want simultaneously sunny and cool weather.
Ah, coastal northern California...
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mike Cl

Quote from: Atheon on June 23, 2015, 10:46:35 PM
Ah, coastal northern California...
Oh yeah...............!!!!  I'd love to have retired in Elk or Irish Beach!  Know of those two places?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Youtube videos that feature a long, rambling prologue before getting to actual content.

Munch

Dog lovers who hate cats and cat lovers who hate dogs. I can understand if you have an allergy to dog or cat hair, but given both species are domesticated because of people, so both deserve at least some respect or affection. I love both.

Atheon

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 25, 2015, 02:03:24 PM
Youtube videos that feature a long, rambling prologue before getting to actual content.
Oh, yeah. I absolutely hate that! In such videos, I like to put a statement like "The meat of the video starts at 2:34" in the comments.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mike Cl

This is a really picky peeve--but what the hell.   I hate the long into's on Book Notes TV (CSPAN) when authors are introduced.  I don't give a rats tail what some local yahoo says about the author.  I just want to hear from him/her.