News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antediluvian

Quote from: aitm on April 14, 2015, 03:17:35 PM
AND PEOPLE WHO POST  LETTERS AS IF WE KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY MEAN!!!

What does aitm mean?

:]~
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Atheon

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 14, 2015, 03:21:33 PMAnd the Paul's have added the Libertarian party to that list.
When Ron an Rand Paul are referred to as "libertarians". They are no such thing.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Unbeliever

I had a pet peeve once - but it ran away.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 14, 2015, 03:21:33 PM
SFA's.  Stupid Fucking Americans.  They are just everywhere!  you have to be one to be a member of the Rep. party.  Or of the Tea Party.  And they seem to breed like rats.  And the Paul's have added the Libertarian party to that list.
Apostrophes for plurals.  .__.

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

GSOgymrat

People who think gay men can't have biological children. I am gay, not sterile. I know three different gay male couples who have biological children through surrogates.

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on June 09, 2015, 09:17:38 PM
People who think gay men can't have biological children. I am gay, not sterile. I know three different gay male couples who have biological children through surrogates.
I'd add to that the people who think gay marriage will be the downfall of humanity.  RIP humanity because Adam and Steve got hitched.

Atheon

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 16, 2015, 04:20:12 PM
Apostrophes for plurals.  .__.
Back in the 1980's, when I was well past learning my ABC's, and was getting all A's on my report card, I was taught in school that you can use apostrophes to pluralize decades, abbreviations and individual letters.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 10, 2015, 01:07:05 AM
I'd add to that the people who think gay marriage will be the downfall of humanity.  RIP humanity because Adam and Steve got hitched.

Well, to be honest, where's the fun in getting gay married if it does usher in the apocalypse? Those polar ice caps aren't gonna just melt on their own, ya know.

Munch

A peeve I've realized I have from being around gamers and comic book nerds, is when certain people have a tendency to believe New is always, always, ALWAYS better, even when what's new is utter shit compared to what came before it. It's a very shallow notion that the moment something loses its 'newness', it's old and disregarded.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

The other side to that coin is the argument that "tradition" is always better.  It's a bit funny that this argument was no doubt brought against our own traditions when they were first advocated.

As always, what is important isn't newness or oldness, but the relative quality of new ideas/policies/products.  An improvement should be embraced regardless of age.

Atheon

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 10, 2015, 01:07:05 AMI'd add to that the people who think gay marriage will be the downfall of humanity.
But it gives me such pleasure to see them wail and gnash their teeth when legal gay marriages are going on!!

Munch

Sigh.. that feeling of when you buy something new in town like new slippers or shirt or pants, having that great feeling of buying yourself new cloths to wear.. just to get home and realize they are so small for you, and got to take them back.

I know, white people problems, but I'd, like to think anyone of any nationality has this problem at times.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

People that misunderstand me or construe what I write for whatever reason that puts me in a bad light.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

aitm

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 10, 2015, 03:12:19 AM
The other side to that coin is the argument that "tradition" is always better.  It's a bit funny that this argument was no doubt brought against our own traditions when they were first advocated.

As always, what is important isn't newness or oldness, but the relative quality of new ideas/policies/products.  An improvement should be embraced regardless of age.

My wife's family nearly had an apocalyptic fit when I told them no turkey for thanksgiving one year.....they showed up all grumpy and ornery until I served them Skewers of shrimp diablo for appetizers, then shrimp scampi on wild rice, steamed King Crab and Broiled Lobster tails. Naturally they loved it but next year whined they wanted turkey again..wwwhhhhhaaaa we want turrrrkey....meh fuck all of them.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust