News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: kilodelta on April 13, 2015, 10:23:34 PMJust ask for something they obviously wouldn't carry. When they say they don't have it, say thank you and move on.
Heh.  I usually get that from the opposite perspective.

"Hey yo, do you sell any milk?"
"Huh?"
"DO YALL SELL MILK!"
"Ummm...no?"
"WHADDAYA MEAN YOU DON'T SELL NO MILK?"
*points at Autozone store sign and shrugs*

The above example is slightly embellished, but yeah, people demand stuff all the time that no sane person would expect to be in stock at that location.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on April 12, 2015, 05:00:47 AM
Store salesmen who walk up to me in any store I'm just generally browsing in who come up with a big fake smile asking 'Hi, can I help you today?', to which they will never get me saying yes, because if I wanted help, I'd come to you.
I'm actually the opposite. I get annoyed if someone doesn't come up to ask if I need help with anything, even if I don't need help (which I usually don't) I see it as a sign of poor customer service if they don't do anything.

GSOgymrat

Me: Hello, may I help you?
Caller: I would like the telephone number for Department of Social Services.
Me: Certainly, that number
Caller: Wait! Hold on while I go find a pen and some paper.

trdsf

Typical day taking calls on the front desk:

Me: Children Services.  How may I direct your call?
Caller: Yeah, is this Children Services?
Me: (thinking: Oh, I see I'm dealing with a Mensa member here...)

Me: Children Services.  How may I direct your call?
Caller: (proceeds to give the entire circumstances they're calling about with all antecedentary information dating back to the late Cretaceous and doesn't pause for breath for at least two minutes)
Me: Let me transfer you to the hotline...

Me: CS.  HmIdyc?
Caller: Yeah, I got a question.
Me: (after waiting for them to actually ask it)  Okay, if it's a question about a child, I can put you through to the hot line; if it's just administrative like where are we located, I can answer that for you.
Caller: Oh, it's just administrative.  (proceeds to ask a detailed and case-related question about a child anyway)

The one time I did get away with something was when a psychodeathbitch was on the phone and had decided that since I was a human being, I could take her information, no matter how many times I told her that I don't have case access, case training, or case information and had to put her through to the hotline.
Caller: (screaming, literally) IF YOU PUT ME TO A MACHINE YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!!
Me: Already goin' there.  Make sure you hit option four.  *click*
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on April 14, 2015, 01:54:40 AMMe: Hello, may I help you?
Caller: I would like the telephone number for Department of Social Services.
Me: Certainly, that number
Caller: Wait! Hold on while I go find a pen and some paper.
My favorite part is reading out the number.  I say "one-two-eight, fifteen-thirtyfour"  Clear and precise.  I say it like I'm calling in an airstrike.

Other people?  Not so much. Half the time, it's more like:  "oneight eleleve fleen flortyflor"

*asks for a repeat*
*same muddled gibberish*
*sighs*

antediluvian

Pet peeve:
People who are
FKIA's
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Mermaid

what does FKIA mean?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

antediluvian

Fucking Know It All
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Mike Cl

Quote from: antediluvian on April 14, 2015, 02:28:00 PM
Fucking Know It All
is that different than a 'know it all'?  Or a mother-fucking know it all or a goddamn know it all, or..........wow, got on a roll--must be hundreds of those things out there.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

yes I know its raining (on snowing or foggy) TURN YOUR FUCKING FLASHING EMERGENCY LIGHTS OFF YOU FUCKIN MORON IT DOESN'T HELP ME SEE YOU!!!!

whew!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Quote from: antediluvian on April 14, 2015, 02:10:48 PM
Pet peeve:
People who are
FKIA's

AND PEOPLE WHO POST  LETTERS AS IF WE KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY MEAN!!!

:]~
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

SFA's.  Stupid Fucking Americans.  They are just everywhere!  you have to be one to be a member of the Rep. party.  Or of the Tea Party.  And they seem to breed like rats.  And the Paul's have added the Libertarian party to that list.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Overly enthusiastic happy people who try to spread their warped condition to complete strangers.

Also huge buff guys who cover their upper torso up. Don't tease me, show your man tits to me!!!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Deidre32

Christians who don’t know their faith well,  and make shit up so as to get around the rules of their faith. Why follow Christianity then?
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

aitm

Quote from: Deidre32 on April 14, 2015, 04:03:28 PM
Christians who don’t know their faith well,  and make shit up so as to get around the rules of their faith. Why follow Christianity then?

yeah, you got your hands full there..