News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 05, 2014, 05:13:20 PM
Go to her workshop and just point out to everyone why it's a scam and how much of a scam it is. She'll never invite you to a workshop again... and you'll probably save a few other people from the scam.
That would not be good for my work relationships. Sometimes you just have to take shit from people.

Besides, fuck that, I am not spending a precious day off doing some stupid thing like that.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

If she makes an issue out of it, just say your (significant other, mother, whoever) said it looked like a pyramid scheme and warned you to avoid it.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on November 05, 2014, 07:29:46 PM
That would not be good for my work relationships. Sometimes you just have to take shit from people.

Besides, fuck that, I am not spending a precious day off doing some stupid thing like that.
Oh I thought some lady was just going around offices spamming her pyramid scheme she's wrapped up in.

Yeah if you want to muscle it out to keep the peace with your co-workers it might be best to not make a fuss haha.

Gawdzilla Sama

Last week I was behind a woman at a red light. Light turned green. She didn't move. I honked. She stuck her arms out the window and pointed at her cell phone.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 05, 2014, 08:38:25 PMLast week I was behind a woman at a red light. Light turned green. She didn't move. I honked. She stuck her arms out the window and pointed at her cell phone.
That's enough for a not guilty verdict from me.

Munch

I so looove the people who somehow, when I'm walking through my local and often busy town, manage to come from behind me, get in front of me in a fairly steady paced flow of people.. and slow down to a snail's pace. And you can't even walk around them because of the flow of people coming the other way.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Poison Tree

How about when people (especially fathers themselves) refer to a father watching his own child as "babysitting"
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 05, 2014, 05:13:20 PM
Go to her workshop and just point out to everyone why it's a scam and how much of a scam it is. She'll never invite you to a workshop again... and you'll probably save a few other people from the scam.
Wrong! It only is a scam if you're ripping off everyone otherwise it's capitalism..

Oh wait...:think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Sinead Mc Namara

I don't like it when people spit just for the sake of spitting.  I mean when you have a cold or that OK but one day I was sitting on a bench at the bus stop and this guy was just spitting all around to make a design.  I was grossed out. 
One time in a shop here in Germany I was waiting in the queue and this lady walks up to the front of the line, doesn't let the cashier even scan her magazine and literally threw the money at her.  I dislike people like that. 
I worked in a hotel and on Sunday evenings it was usually quiet because we were mostly a conference hotel and then there was nearly always one customer who would come in and ask to see like 5 rooms and then choose the first one.  Arrggg

Munch

Another peeve I have, maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but as both a dog and cat lover, whos owned both, I often notice when you have people who are primarily dog owners, many of them have a profound hatred for cats. And yet cat owners I almost never see any hatred for dogs from them.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on November 20, 2014, 08:19:06 PM
Another peeve I have, maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but as both a dog and cat lover, whos owned both, I often notice when you have people who are primarily dog owners, many of them have a profound hatred for cats. And yet cat owners I almost never see any hatred for dogs from them.
I used to not like cats and was only a dog person. I don't know why I didn't like them. The more I got to be around cats, the more I learned that I like them.

Sent from your mom

GrinningYMIR

I have a strong dislike for infants, to the point where I'm concerned I will hate my own kids because of that. Just the screaming and hollering and all that stuff infuriates me. Oh well...

I also don't like patronizing
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Deidre32

Pet peeve of the day...although, slightly more upsetting than a mere peeve...

When your dad who seemed to accept you leaving the faith (after much time of battling you)...joins forces with your aunts, to 'evangelize' you one afternoon. An afternoon, that was supposed to be fun and light, turned into me on the defensive. Just not a good day. :(
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

the_antithesis

Family sucks balls.

Shiranu

Police stopping someone for suspected marijuana possession, throwing him to the ground and tasing him for "resisting arrest" and then saying he had a gun on him (which he didn't)... causing the entire building to have to be evacuated.

Slightly situational peeve, I know...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur