News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Peeves

Started by Atheon, August 06, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Pettiness about just any little minor annoyance and blowing it up out of proportion to full blown peeves..
OK, not that big a deal..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

kilodelta

Essential oils... what's so fucking essential about them?! Absolutely nothing. Just call them plugless Glades plugins and call it a day.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

Pettiness is next to godliness.

Hydra009

Quote from: kilodelta on October 30, 2014, 10:05:55 PM
Essential oils... what's so fucking essential about them?!
Had to look that one up.  Yeah, they're "essential" in the sense of being the "essence" of some plant's fragrance.  They're not essential in the normal sense of the word, e.g. essential amino acids.

kilodelta

Ah. I guess I won't have to be as peeved about them... but, I'll remain peeved when people say they cure disease and control kids' behaviors.

Munch

Every cheap infomercial out there. I mean sure it's kind of entertaining at how stupid they are, but it pisses me off thinking some less 'aware' person is buying there shit, like the 'tiddy bear' or the mr frosty slush puppy maker.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

They're essential to the continued growth of the essential oils industry.. Let us pray to the mighty dollar and the hucksters.. :pray:

Atheon

Essential oils smell nice, at least.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

MagetheEntertainer

I hate when people try to give me advice on things they know nothing about.  Ex:  this one lady at work is always trying to give me financial advice because she things i'm young n dumb, however she has 5k in credit card dept and hasn't paid her rent in over 3 months.

Atheon

Companies and organizations without a website. Or with a Facebook page instead of a real website.

You are a business or organization. You want to look professional. You want people to get information about you and your products and services. Get a fucking website. A real one. One where I can learn about your products, your company history, your vision, your location, your contact info, etc.

Oh, and make sure the full official name of your organization is on the site, preferably on the homepage (which should NOT be a flash splash page, and which should NOT automatically play music)!!!

Grrrrr!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on November 03, 2014, 10:35:02 PMOh, and make sure the full official name of your organization is on the site, preferably on the homepage (which should NOT be a flash splash page, and which should NOT automatically play music)!!!
Enjoy:razz:

This too.

*nose and eyes bleed*

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 04, 2014, 12:18:32 AM
Enjoy:razz:

This too.

*nose and eyes bleed*
FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU, HYDRA AND THOSE WEBSITES!!!!!!! :lol:

Mermaid

A woman came into my cubicle at work holding a flyer and asked me to make a donation to a local charity. I sat there, cornered in my own office. Another woman on my floor is trying to get me to attend one of her "workshops" on a Sunday for some pyramid scheme sales thing that involves food. She sends emails via work, but so far she hasn't cornered me in my office. Any day now.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Mermaid on November 04, 2014, 05:24:53 PM
A woman came into my cubicle at work holding a flyer and asked me to make a donation to a local charity. I sat there, cornered in my own office. Another woman on my floor is trying to get me to attend one of her "workshops" on a Sunday for some pyramid scheme sales thing that involves food. She sends emails via work, but so far she hasn't cornered me in my office. Any day now.
Tell her you gave to the church and bought your minister a new Corvette and have no money to buy food now.
I once worked in a boiler room operation selling that crap.. After 10000000000 phone calls and zero sales I quit..

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on November 04, 2014, 05:24:53 PM
Go to her workshop and just point out to everyone why it's a scam and how much of a scam it is. She'll never invite you to a workshop again... and you'll probably save a few other people from the scam.