Zimmerman Speeding, Pulled Over W/ Gun

Started by Shiranu, July 31, 2013, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/3 ... ostpopular

Personally, I don't see the relevance in either, but since we had a thread on his "great" deed of "rescuing" the family (that was uninjured), might as well take the yin with the yang (c wut I did thar, uther thredz?).

Guy is the next Kardashian.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Next up:
  • George Zimmerman looks at someone funny.
  • George Zimmerman seen with a woman: friend or PROSTITUTE!?
  • George Zimmerman gets a cat out of a tree.
  • George Zimmerman goes to IHOP.
  • George Zimmerman takes a shit.

Are we ever going to hear the end of this guy's personal life?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Colanth

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Are we ever going to hear the end of this guy's personal life?
As soon as the press has some other "interesting" person to focus on.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Johan

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Are we ever going to hear the end of this guy's personal life?
Fourteen minutes and counting. As soon as some celebrity is caught with a transsexual hooker or Anthony Weiner tweets a picture of his junk to some new woman with low self image the press will move on and Zimmerman will become the 'hey aren't you that guy who did that thing?' guy.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Atheon

Was he caught with the gun that the rightwingnuts chipped in to buy him?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Nonsensei

He wasn't "caught" with the gun, he told the police officer he had a gun in the vehicle which is what anyone who isn't a retard would do.

This article is written in a particular style that gives the minimum of information so as to allow the reader to draw a particular conclusion. Someone reading this article could easily think that Zimmerman is cruising around with a gun trying to find someone to shoot, when in reality his weapon is probably secured in his vehicle like millions of other Florida drivers. I love the part about how he said he was going "nowhere in particular", the information presented as though he were being evasive about his destination.

A subtle hit piece.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Next up:
  • George Zimmerman looks at someone funny.
  • George Zimmerman seen with a woman: friend or PROSTITUTE!?
  • George Zimmerman gets a cat out of a tree.
  • George Zimmerman goes to IHOP.
  • George Zimmerman takes a shit.

Are we ever going to hear the end of this guy's personal life?

Probably not.   He definitely falls into that category we've discussed before about how someone's life gets ruined once they are tried by the media and general public.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Satt

This press coverage reminds me of Reeta Skeeter writing for the Daily Prophet!  :roll:
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

Colanth

Quote from: "Nonsensei"He wasn't "caught" with the gun, he told the police officer he had a gun in the vehicle which is what anyone who isn't a retard would do.

This article is written in a particular style that gives the minimum of information so as to allow the reader to draw a particular conclusion. Someone reading this article could easily think that Zimmerman is cruising around with a gun trying to find someone to shoot, when in reality his weapon is probably secured in his vehicle
The article clearly states that it was in the glove compartment, not "secured".

QuoteA subtle hit piece.
If you want to read it that way.  Oh, it also says, "CBS News reports that, during the traffic stop, which occurred at 12:54 p.m., Zimmerman also asked the officer if he recognized him from television." so maybe Zim was just going "nowhere in particular" trying to get recognized.  (I've been on TV - I never thought to ask anyone if they recognized me from TV.  Who cares?)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Nonsensei"He wasn't "caught" with the gun, he told the police officer he had a gun in the vehicle which is what anyone who isn't a retard would do.

This article is written in a particular style that gives the minimum of information so as to allow the reader to draw a particular conclusion. Someone reading this article could easily think that Zimmerman is cruising around with a gun trying to find someone to shoot, when in reality his weapon is probably secured in his vehicle like millions of other Florida drivers. I love the part about how he said he was going "nowhere in particular", the information presented as though he were being evasive about his destination.

A subtle hit piece.

Agreed. There desperately needs to be some sort of regulatory body that enforces basic journalistic practices. Not controls the press and restricts what they can and cannot cover, but one that can restrict deliberate misinformation such as this.

gussy

I haven't read a story this important since Mitt Romney was seen buying Bisquick at Costco after the 2012 election.

Jmpty

Quote from: "SilentFutility"

A subtle hit piece.

Agreed. There desperately needs to be some sort of regulatory body that enforces basic journalistic practices. Not controls the press and restricts what they can and cannot cover, but one that can restrict deliberate misinformation such as this.

How exactly is this deliberate misinformation? I seriously want to know.
???  ??

mykcob4

Quote from: "Shiranu"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/george-zimmerman-speeding-gun-in-car_n_3684418.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Personally, I don't see the relevance in either, but since we had a thread on his "great" deed of "rescuing" the family (that was uninjured), might as well take the yin with the yang (c wut I did thar, uther thredz?).

Here is the significance.
Zimmerman is probably a targeted man...maybe.
More importantly Zimmerman now qualifies as a NRA darling, and stands to make a fortune at gun shows and NRA rallies. Him saying that he was going nowhere in particular is a flat out lie. Trayvon Martin had a destination and was murdered because he was young black and heading to that destination. Unfortunately that path crossed the murdering intentions of George John Wayne Zimmerman!

Jmpty

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Shiranu"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/31/george-zimmerman-speeding-gun-in-car_n_3684418.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Here is the significance.
Zimmerman is probably a targeted man...maybe.
More importantly Zimmerman now qualifies as a NRA darling, and stands to make a fortune at gun shows and NRA rallies. Him saying that he was going nowhere in particular is a flat out lie. Trayvon Martin had a destination and was murdered because he was young black and heading to that destination. Unfortunately that path crossed the murdering intentions of George John Wayne Zimmerman!

I'm just drivin' around texas for no reason, goin' nowhere.
???  ??

aitm

Quote from: "mykcob4"Unfortunately that path crossed the murdering intentions of George John Wayne Zimmerman!

luckily for us, Treyvon was able to stall him by pounding his head a little bit, I heard he had a whole list of nigga chillins he was gonna go hunt down and butcher with his toenail clipper blade...dats a badddd mother fucker there. Thank goodness the child murdering, dog kickin, baby fuckin, ice cream thief was stopped.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust