Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! She's Not A Complete Idiot

Started by Solitary, July 29, 2013, 12:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Solitary"I was expecting something else from Sarah.

http://youtu.be/JDrhVR8d2Gk
Funny how she doesn't practice what she preaches. She came to Texas and joined Gov. Perry promoting that evolution be taught as a theory that had no proof of being real, and that Creation was the true science that should be taught as Intelligent Design.
As others in this thread have said, classic politician. Politicians from both sides do this all the time, and they have been doing it for a very long time. It's just now we have the internet to record everything they say publicly, so it's much easier to catch them in the act.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Eric1958

Back in the day, before the hand of John reached out and pulled her into the forefront of national political debate, she was pretty well liked up here. It was after she got picked as the Republican vp candidate and put under a microscope that she showed her flaws. I felt sorry for her.

As a lifelong Alaskan it was pretty cool, even to a democrat like me, to have our governor make it on to the national stage. This one clip is just about the only good moment she's had since 2008. Then to follow up a constant stream of bad interviews, to quit her job halfway through her term, really finished her as a serious candidate for any office.

SGOS

Quote from: "Eric1958"Back in the day, before the hand of John reached out and pulled her into the forefront of national political debate, she was pretty well liked up here. It was after she got picked as the Republican vp candidate and put under a microscope that she showed her flaws. I felt sorry for her.

As a lifelong Alaskan it was pretty cool, even to a democrat like me, to have our governor make it on to the national stage. This one clip is just about the only good moment she's had since 2008. Then to follow up a constant stream of bad interviews, to quit her job halfway through her term, really finished her as a serious candidate for any office.
I spent a winter in Alaska before she ran for VP.  I know she was well liked.  Never heard a bad thing about her.  But national politics is a much harder game, and done in front of a much more intense media.  After she entered the national scene, I began to think she was a risky selection my McCain, or whoever was responsible for putting her on the ticket.  She seemed like a wild choice by a desperate party.

Minimalist

Quote from: "Broede"I've long held the belief that her perceived stupidity is just a facade; if you're too brainy, the Republicans will run from you.

Not her problem.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

gussy

The only reason she says "accepted principle" is that Couric said it three seconds before Palin opened her mouth.  If Couric hadn't said accepted principle I doubt Palin would have ever said that.  Palin stumbled through the entire interview and this question was no different.

PopeyesPappy

This is going to cost her half her base. The other three people are going to seriously consider their support too.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.