News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I have an issue with the bible.

Started by NilDesperandum, July 26, 2013, 11:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"True that, Bill. I underestimated you. I regret that.

The only things I regret are the things I didn't do when younger, and those I can't do now that I did when younger---like being a wild and crazy guy. I really miss having sex while being high on pot that lasted for eternity. I really loved girls (Don't go there!) and women when I was able to pleasure them.  =P~   :shock:  Bill
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"It' a bunch of BS, but like anything, there are gems of insight inside. How do I reconcile this with my closed atheist mind. How come science doesn't help me when I am at the nadir of human existence? Please help.

Open your atheist mind. Duh.

SGOS

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"Please help.
I can't, but I would suggest that you start by getting a grip on yourself.

Eric1958

Quote from: "NilDesperandum"That's not my experience with atheists. Science is the answer to religion. Don't deny it, lamebrain. You know it's true. Science chances. Technology changes. Paradigms shift. You're not smarter than theist you put down. I am though.

The topic of the thread sounded interesting, but the tenor of the conversation puts me off.
NilDesperandum are you this rude to everyone, or only when you get to be anonymous.

The primary problem I have with the bible is that so many Christians want to use it as a science text. Using it as a history book isn't much better. Ok, one more issue, it makes their God look like a real asshole and they still want to praise him.

NilDesperandum

Eric1958: I'm not anonymous. That's my face winking at you. I've previously explained, my name is Rajeev Mehta and I currently live in Youngstown, Ohio. Do you need my GPS coordinates? A DNA swab? What does it matter who I am?

And yes. The point was to have a drink and troll for fun. I didn't threaten to kill anyone. No one was harmed in the process.

wolf39us