OK For Whites Not OK For Blacks Or Browns

Started by Solitary, July 20, 2013, 01:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Minimalist

O'Reilly is always full of shit.  Nothing new here.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Colanth

Zimmerman prejudiced?  No, that's not possible.  Is it?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Brian37

Meanwhile Temar Boggs saves a little white girl from being kidnapped chasing a car with his mere bicycle, and that does not make national news. And yes O'Reily is a fucking idiot.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

aitm

Quote from: "Brian37"Meanwhile Temar Boggs saves a little white girl from being kidnapped chasing a car with his mere bicycle, and that does not make national news. And yes O'Reily is a fucking idiot.

because in order for it not to be a double standard they would have to accuse him of being a wanna-be cop vigilante....and they didn't want to do that..
 :axe
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Oh, I didn't realize he had a gun on him and approached the suspect.

Your right, Temar Bogg's was a wanna-be-cop vigilante.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jack89

While O'Reilly may be a piece of work, he's not wrong in this regard.  DOJ stats going back 25 years show that roughly half of all homicides are young black men killing young black men.  I've posted this at least twice in the gun debate threads.  Considering that black American only make up 13% of the population, that's a pretty big discrepancy and a very real problem.  To add to that, there are very few interracial killings.  

As far as arming black Americans with guns?  I say go for it.  Any responsible American who wants to carry has my support.

And while I don't know or sure about the 4 to 1 arrest rate for drug arrests, I wouldn't doubt it.  I have an easy solution for that.  Decriminalize recreational drugs.  Problem solved.

AllPurposeAtheist

Black men and legal guns? They did away with that once you realize over ½ of the prison system is black, 25% of all black men are somehow involved with the CJS and a large number now convicted felons living in poverty. I have news for Mr O'Really?.. Guns cost money. They're all in the burbs with the money. It's O'Really? hyperboli. It's why the black panthers to this day are still considered basically a black nationalist terrorist organization.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.