Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You Had To Know It Was Coming.

Started by Solitary, July 20, 2013, 12:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Ted the dead head excuse for abortion.  :shock:

From the internet:

We all knew it had to happen. I just wondered why it took so long for Ted Nugent to weigh in on the Trayvon Martin murder verdict. In his comments for Rare, Nugent writes:

So this guy's neighborhood has been burglarized off and on and the residents are very concerned for their safety and well-being. Neighbors agree to upkick their vigilance and overall level of awareness to watch out for each other and keep an eye out for suspicious individuals and behavior. It could be considered by an official designation such as "Neighborhood Watch", but officially labeled or not, it is the purest form of Americans watching out for each other and being good neighbors.

So far so good.

So George Zimmerman sees what he believes is a suspicious individual in suspicious circumstances, and intelligently and responsibly pays attention and calls 9-1-1 (sic) to report what he sees to the officials. This gesture is proof positive he was not looking to do anyone harm or break any laws, but rather to inform the fundamental responsibility of a neighbor who cares.

I can agree with all of that. However, Ted then goes off the rails. He neglects to mention that Zimmerman was expressly told not to get out of his car and follow the person, as is clearly heard in the call to 911.

Ted goes on to state that Trayvon was the one using racial epithets and cites his use of the term "creepy ass cracker" to refer to the man who was stalking him.  He neglects to mention that Zimmerman is heard referring to Martin as an asshole and a f'ing coon on the call to 911. (If you listen closely to the 911 call, when Zimmerman exits the car and is asked if he is following the suspect, you can hear him mutter "f'ing coon" under his breath.)

Nugent then turns the entire event on its head and says that Trayvon was the aggressor, even though he was unarmed and a BOY being followed by a MAN at night. When confronted by the man, did Trayvon not have a right to defend himself? Not according to Ted, who swallowed the Kool-Aid served up by the defense. How very convenient that we got to hear only Zimmerman's side of the story. Because, of course, Trayvon Martin is dead, never to speak again.

Then Ted really gets going and pronounces "Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the Black Panthers, President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder et al" as racists. Oh yeah, and he labeled Trayvon Martin as a dope smoking, racist gangsta wannabe with an obvious racist chip on his shoulder.

It's classic Ted, dripping with hatred that he calls patriotism, trying to sound reasonable by calling the Ku Klux Klan idiots, while the words he wrote would have made the Grand Wizard (or Imperial Wizard, depending on which branch of the Klan you're referring to) proud.

Ted also wrote an article for the far right World Net Daily and had the brass to invoke the name of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. – as if that would somehow make all of us with functioning brains think that maybe Ted had come to his senses. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! That rant was even more vitriolic than the one that followed in Rare.

He did, however, make a good point. Our justice system is royally screwed up. When an unarmed boy, with a bag of candy and an iced tea is criminalized and the man who killed him is found not guilty, something is really wrong. I'm not putting a halo on Trayvon Martin's head. He had been suspended from school several times for cutting classes, tardiness and for having a marijuana pipe.  He was a teen and he did stupid things.

I did stupid things when I was a kid. I cut classes. I was tardy. I didn't smoke marijuana but that was only because it wasn't around when I was Trayvon's age – or at least not in the abundance it soon became after I graduated from high school. There are millions of kids of all colors who have cut classes, been late to class and who right now have pipes in their pockets with marijuana residue. Does that mean they are all criminals? Only in the mind of someone like Ted Nugent and only if they're black.

People like Ted Nugent like to tell you they aren't racist, but their attitudes towards anyone black or brown tell a different story. People like Ted like to point out how many black and brown people there are in our prisons and how that is because they are violent, or lazy and would prefer to commit crimes rather than get a job. People like Ted refuse to acknowledge that black and brown people have consistently been given short shrift in just about every aspect of life in this country, from education, to the jobs they can get, to the neighborhoods in which they live.

People like Ted tell you that there is no institutional racism in the country, even though black and brown people are the ones constantly being profiled by law enforcement. (Ted and those like him will tell you there's good reason for that.) People like Ted are afraid of the changing makeup of American society and they are doing everything they can to preserve white rule. People like Ted HATE that we have a black man as president.

People like Ted Nugent, whom I find it incumbent upon me to remind you is a feces covered, draft-dodging, pedophile, washed up rocker still trying to be relevant, make me sick.

Amen! Solitary--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Eric1958

Well put Solitary, though I'm surprised you went to this much effort to elucidate what an idiot (trying to be kind here) Ted Nugent is, since he proves it over and over again every time he opens his mouth.

I'm not happy with idiot. How about buffoon, yes that's better, but just doesn't do him justice. What about..... Moron, no that's too easy and overused.

Racist.... I'm often leary of accessing motive to someone's stupidity.
Jerk, asshole, nutjob, caveman, nitwit... None of them seem to adequately describe Nugent. Any ideas?

LikelyToBreak

Solitary, when you say things like:
QuotePeople like Ted Nugent, whom I find it incumbent upon me to remind you is a feces covered, draft-dodging, pedophile, washed up rocker still trying to be relevant, make me sick.
Doesn't it reflect poorly on your own objectivity?

Solitary

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Solitary, when you say things like:
QuotePeople like Ted Nugent, whom I find it incumbent upon me to remind you is a feces covered, draft-dodging, pedophile, washed up rocker still trying to be relevant, make me sick.

No it doesn't! Here's why. He didn't wash or use a bathroom and peed and shit in his pants for two weeks so he wouldn't be drafted, he has been known to fuck underage girls and molest them, and he is a washed up rocker still trying to be relevant. How am I not being objective when these are the facts about him in the past and now? And because he has done all of that makes me sick!Please explain! Are you a fan of that scum bag draft dodging phony coward that is brave killing helpless animals for sport that talks about how he would have been during Vietnam after he dodged the draft that got many of my brothers killed and me lefty with PTSD? Now that is being subjective jerk!  :evil: Solitary

AllPurposeAtheist

Nugent is a waste of flesh, period.. Someday he'll end up as rotting flesh like everyone else so I do my utmost to ignore that fucktard it hopes it's sooner than later.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Brian37

Didn't he make a statement before the last election about being dead or in prison by now? Hey Ted, chop chop, get a move on, one or the other.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Youssuf Ramadan

Yup. Nugent is a cocknocker of biblical proportions.

Shiranu

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Solitary, when you say things like:

Only if what he said wasn't a reality everyone knew (except for pedophile, that one is new to me).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

LikelyToBreak

Solitary wrote in part:
QuoteNow that is being subjective jerk! :evil: Solitary
First off I am not a Ted Nugent fan.  I was just thinking if you toned it down a little, while still making your point, that it would be more effective in getting your point across.   I didn't dispute any of your points, just thought it might help you a little in communicating with others.  When there is so much hostility shown, it makes the facts less believable for those who do not understand the subject.

Also, it was meant as a bit of a joke.  But, then I do joke too much.  Especially here where everyone is so serious all the time.  I'll try to tone it down though.

(Note to moderators: I really don't mind ad hominem attacks.  I know I am abrasive. So, don't worry about it.)

Solitary

How in the hell can I tone it down when I'm stating facts? I wasn't hostile in the least until you started critiquing what I said. As to your
Quotead hominem attacks
, it was said so you can understand what it actually is to be hostile in writing. And what the hell is this all about:
QuoteNote to moderators:
?   :lol:  Maybe if you weren't so abrasive, as you say, you wouldn't get Ad Hominem attacks. Don't worry about it, your ignorance doesn't make me mad.  [-X  :-D Solitary

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"He didn't wash or use a bathroom and peed and shit in his pants for two weeks so he wouldn't be drafted
Are you a fan of that scum bag draft dodging phony coward that is brave killing helpless animals for sport that talks about how he would have been during Vietnam
I think you know (since it seems you were on the Southeast Asia Vacation Plan) how he would have been in 'Nam, and your first sentence would about cover it - in 2 minutes, not 2 weeks, huh?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

LikelyToBreak

Solitary wrote in part:
Quote? :lol: Maybe if you weren't so abrasive, as you say, you wouldn't get Ad Hominem attacks. Don't worry about it, your ignorance doesn't make me mad. [-X :-D Solitary
I don't know how not to be abrasive and not just go with the flow.  I'm a free thinker.  I question everything.  Which pisses most, if not all, people off.  I refuse to agree with something, just because everyone else does.  If I say I agree, it is because I have thought about it and came to a conclusion.

I'm new here, and I know some moderators on some forums are very much sticklers to the rules.  Which I kind of understand, but figure if people are going to be honest, some people are going to get mad.  If all they ever do is attack others, than the mod's should step in otherwise, let people vent.  At least in my opinion.  Then I might learn something.  Which is why I am here.  Trying to become less ignorant.  :rolleyes:

Solitary

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Solitary"He didn't wash or use a bathroom and peed and shit in his pants for two weeks so he wouldn't be drafted
Are you a fan of that scum bag draft dodging phony coward that is brave killing helpless animals for sport that talks about how he would have been during Vietnam
I think you know (since it seems you were on the Southeast Asia Vacation Plan) how he would have been in 'Nam, and your first sentence would about cover it - in 2 minutes, not 2 weeks, huh?

WTF!  :-s  Solitary

Solitary

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Solitary wrote in part:
Quote? :lol: Maybe if you weren't so abrasive, as you say, you wouldn't get Ad Hominem attacks. Don't worry about it, your ignorance doesn't make me mad. [-X :-D Solitary
I don't know how not to be abrasive and not just go with the flow.  I'm a free thinker.  I question everything.  Which pisses most, if not all, people off.  I refuse to agree with something, just because everyone else does.  If I say I agree, it is because I have thought about it and came to a conclusion.

I'm new here, and I know some moderators on some forums are very much sticklers to the rules.  Which I kind of understand, but figure if people are going to be honest, some people are going to get mad.  If all they ever do is attack others, than the mod's should step in otherwise, let people vent.  At least in my opinion.  Then I might learn something.  Which is why I am here.  Trying to become less ignorant.  :rolleyes:

I quite agree! I think we got off on the wrong foot. I have PTSD and people like Nugent really piss me off, and truth about what he did to avoid the draft should be known. I don't have a problem with people that avoided the draft because history has shown they were right because we invaded Vietnam and killed innocent people just like the war were in now based on lies from politicians. What I hate is when someone like Nugent that doesn't know the horrors of war brag about how tough they would have been that are only brave killing animals for sport. I'm sorry if you think I got out of hand, but Nugent really is a scum bag. PS I only post my opinions, or not, and it doesn't mean crap in the scheme of things anyway.  :roll:  Solitary

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "Colanth"

WTF!  :-s  Solitary
From what I've gathered, you were there.  How do you think Nugent would react if he were there?  Somehow I don't see the brave hero we see on TV.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.