News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Florida: Worst State Ever

Started by Jmpty, July 16, 2013, 12:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: "wolf39us"**Goes to find 1 area in Alabama with some intelligent life in it...  **Declares no problem with Alabama

Tired of these people picking on Alabama!!

/end joke

If it was just one area in Texas, okay fine. But its not... San Antonio, San Marcos, New Braunfuls, Austin, Houston, Dallas are all liberal cities and 3 of those are in the top 10 largest cities in the United States (and Austin is number 11, and it is San Francisco/Seattle level liberal, if not even more-so).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GSOgymrat

North Carolina may not be the worst yet but we are working on it. From the New York Times:

North Carolina ended federal unemployment benefits for 70,000 residents. Another 100,000 will lose their checks in a few months. Those still receiving benefits will find that they have been cut by a third, to a maximum of $350 weekly from $535, and the length of time they can receive benefits has been slashed from 26 weeks to as few as 12 weeks.

The state has the fifth-highest unemployment rate in the country, and many Republicans insulted workers by blaming their joblessness on generous benefits. In fact, though, North Carolina is the only state that has lost long-term federal benefits, because it did not want to pay back $2.5 billion it owed to Washington for the program.

At the same time, the state is also making it harder for future generations of workers to get jobs, cutting back sharply on spending for public schools. Though North Carolina has been growing rapidly, it is spending less on schools now than it did in 2007, ranking 46th in the nation in per-capita education dollars. Teacher pay is falling, 10,000 prekindergarten slots are scheduled to be removed, and even services to disabled children are being chopped.

Republicans repealed the Racial Justice Act, a 2009 law that was the first in the country to give death-row inmates a chance to prove they were victims of discrimination.

They have refused to expand Medicaid and want to cut income taxes for the rich while raising sales taxes on everyone else.

The Senate passed a bill that would close most of the state's abortion clinics.

And, naturally, the Legislature is rushing to impose voter ID requirements and cut back on early voting and Sunday voting, which have been popular among Democratic voters. One particularly transparent move would end a tax deduction for dependents if students vote at college instead of their hometowns, a blatant effort to reduce Democratic voting strength in college towns like Chapel Hill and Durham.

North Carolina also defines marriage in the state constitution as between one man and one woman, and bans any other type of "domestic legal union" such as civil unions or domestic partnerships. Only 39% of citizens voted against this constitutional amendment.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "mykcob4"Florida is pretty bad but Texas and Oklahoma are still worse.

Okay, I'm sorry to take this rant out on you... but...

I'm so sick of people saying Texas is a terrible state. It is one of the top white collar states in the U.S., the largest city with an openly gay mayor, several openly gay state legislators in its history,  it has the worlds largest hospital, the largest military hospital, one of the music capitals of the world, Julian Castro in San Antonio who is one of the up-and-coming presidential candidates (hopefully), it pays more in taxes than it receives from the gov't, and is home to some huge liberal communities.

Judging Texas is like judging the United States... it is too big of state filled with various political and ethnic groups to put them into one bundle. And you are going to tell me North Carolina, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Ohio, Florida, Arizona, Utah, Alabama, Arkansas are better than Texas?

I'm sorry, but Texas gives FAR more to the United States than it takes from it, and is becoming more and more a swing state as demographics change.

Now, if you said West Texas, North Texas or East Texas... yeah, 100% agree those places are terrible. But Central Texas is far more liberal than most of the United States. Or if you say Rick Perry and the State Legislator... yeah I'll give you that.
Hawaii's Tripler is the largest hospital and largest military hospital. Texas gerimandered the state so only conservaturds can win elections. Texas attacks women, gays, minorities and the poor legislatively more actively than any other state. Texas recieves more federal funding than any other state including California. Every state claims that it is the music capitol of the world and the answer is very subjective at best. Texas is a solid red state politically and it would take a century to change that. Granted there are some Liberal pockets but they have no power and never will. Big oil has seen to that. Austin has some liberals there but they are far out paced by the tea party gun toting moron conservaturds.
Texas refuses to admitt DNA evidence to overturn verdicts concerning deathrow inmates. The only state to do so.
No Texas has been a banana republic dictatorship ever since Ann Richards left office.
Texas is undefensible.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "wolf39us"**Goes to find 1 area in Alabama with some intelligent life in it...  **Declares no problem with Alabama

Tired of these people picking on Alabama!!

/end joke

If it was just one area in Texas, okay fine. But its not... San Antonio, San Marcos, New Braunfuls, Austin, Houston, Dallas are all liberal cities and 3 of those are in the top 10 largest cities in the United States (and Austin is number 11, and it is San Francisco/Seattle level liberal, if not even more-so).
I live in Dallas and it is NOT Liberal at all. Fort Worth is more Liberal than Dallas and it is far right on the political spectrum. I lived in Houston and even the gays are conservaturd there. As far as Austin and the hill country, once you leavea liberal pocket the entire rest of the area bleeds red conservatism, so it's not as Liberal as you'd have us believe. BTW COUNTRY noise isn't music. Toby Keith isn't a musician, he's an asshole. He dominates the socalled music in Austin.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Shiranu"I'm so sick of people saying Texas is a terrible state.

We've still not forgiven you for inflicting George Bush on us.

Rick Perry's even worse, but fortunately he hasn't managed to succeed at anything on the national level.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Aroura33

I am sorry Shirano but:

[youtube:2gr12von]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxP442T-aZ0[/youtube:2gr12von]

Yeah, all states have some liberal areas.  Even the deep south.  Texas is HUGE, so it has a few liberal cities instead of one or two.  It has a efw good things going for it.  My dad lived down there for 8 years.  I've heard how he had to pretend to like football and despise reading, how racist it was (this was in Richmond), and also some seriously funny stories about stupid.

No, for many many reasons (GWB being in the top 5 for sure), fuck you Texas!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Shiranu

Meh, jelly haters gonna hate.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "stromboli"Arizona gets a bad rap, but there are a lot of liberals down there, especially in Phoenix. The Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist of the Arizona Republic is Steve Benson, ex-Mormon atheist. So there are liberal voices there.

Steve Benson is a great cartoonist. His grandfather (Ezra Taft Benson) must have been embarrassed...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "Aroura33"I am sorry Shirano but:

Writer posted a YouTube video

Yeah, all states have some liberal areas.  Even the deep south.  Texas is HUGE, so it has a few liberal cities instead of one or two.  It has a efw good things going for it.  My dad lived down there for 8 years.  I've heard how he had to pretend to like football and despise reading, how racist it was (this was in Richmond), and also some seriously funny stories about stupid.

No, for many many reasons (GWB being in the top 5 for sure), fuck you Texas!

Nice, very nice... It should have given a big fuck you to Wolf Chili as well....

Here's Lewis Black expressing his love for the land of the eternal y'all. Black is very hit and miss for The Rick Copeland (mostly miss), but the ending is glorious: http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... k-perry-we
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"
Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Shiranu"I'm so sick of people saying Texas is a terrible state.

We've still not forgiven you for inflicting George Bush on us.

Rick Perry's even worse, but fortunately he hasn't managed to succeed at anything on the national level.

Honestly, The Rick Copeland thinks it's because Perry lacks Boozey's charisma. Seriously. And some of it might have to do with people being turned off by another inarticulate Texas governor.