News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Yo!

Started by will power, July 14, 2013, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bada94

Welcome man.
Any special reason why you joined an atheist board as a christian ?
One shouldn\'t believe everything one reads on the internet. - Abraham Lincoln

The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. - Christopher Hitchens

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "bada94"Welcome man.
Same reason atheists join Christian boards, I would imagine. It's an endless source of entertainment.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Solitary"Welcome aboard will power! Be prepared to be flamed, we even do it to atheist we don't agree with here.  :shock:  :rollin:  Solitary
Nah, I wouldn't worry about being flamed unless you start blindly judging people like that last guy that came in. As long as you can hold an objective conversation you should be good. And at that point if you still get flamed... well... it's possible the other guy is an asshole.

Although, thinking objectively is what turned me atheist in the first place...

Anyway,

Welcome Will Power! :)
btw... Does that name have anything to do with the Indy driver? or just your personal drive?

will power

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Welcome Will Power! :)
btw... Does that name have anything to do with the Indy driver? or just your personal drive?

Nope, it's actually my nick name. My last name (which I'm obviously not sharing :p) sounds close to power if said fast which is how it came to be my nick name.

Quote from: "bada94"Welcome man.

Thanks! Well, I wouldn't particularly place this as strictly an atheist forum, as the banner itself says "A community for freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and believers." However, I joined this forum to diversify my communication with other people with different cultures and beliefs. This isn't the only forum that I am a member of (I am a moderator and regular of a Christian forum, and visit other forums from time to time).

Satt

Welcome! If you want some good diversity in your life, I would highly recommend joining the military. I was able to get out of my little town at 19 and when I got out, I was able to get a 4-year degree on the G.I. Bill. Now I am 33, I have a great engineering job, and I have lived and traveled all over the world. I am only saying this because you sound like you don't really enjoy being trapped in your small town. Best of luck!  :)
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

will power

Quote from: "Satt"Welcome! If you want some good diversity in your life, I would highly recommend joining the military. I was able to get out of my little town at 19 and when I got out, I was able to get a 4-year degree on the G.I. Bill. Now I am 33, I have a great engineering job, and I have lived and traveled all over the world. I am only saying this because you sound like you don't really enjoy being trapped in your small town. Best of luck!  :)

Thanks for the suggestion, Satt. It's definitely something I've researched in the past. I wouldn't mind researching it again, but I would have to gain major upper body strength before I attempt to enlist. What branch where you in, and which branch would you recommend?

DunkleSeele

Welcome to the piranha club, will! :-D

WitchSabrina

Welcome.  Hope as a Christian you survive here.  Warning - we can get a bit harsh.  (hint: But Not if you don't try to sell jesus to us)

cheers :-D
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Welcome.  Hope as a Christian you survive here.  Warning - we can get a bit harsh.  (hint: But Not if you don't try to sell jesus to us)

This is good advice. Just blend in, and hang out.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

aitm

Quote from: "_Xenu_"This is good advice. Just blend in.

yep, all you gotta do is blend in with this cast of characters.

:-s

:axe

:butthead:

:finga:

:borg:

8-)

:twisted:

:Hangman:

:alien:

[-(
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

will power

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"Welcome.  Hope as a Christian you survive here.  Warning - we can get a bit harsh.  (hint: But Not if you don't try to sell jesus to us)

Open minded are we?

Hehe, just poking fun. Don't worry, I'm thick skinned. I need to be thick skinned for my line of work after all. So don't be surprised if someone is rude to me I dish it back.

Jmpty

???  ??

_Xenu_

Quote from: "will power"

Open minded are we?

Hehe, just poking fun. Don't worry, I'm thick skinned. I need to be thick skinned for my line of work after all. So don't be surprised if someone is rude to me I dish it back.
The number one thing you need to get along with people here is to avoid any semblance of trying to convert us. People tend to get annoyed and sensitive to it after awhile, and even talking about religion will get on many nerves. You're much better off discussing non-religious topics for at least a month or so, then proceeding gently after that. WitchSabrina is a theist and a Unitarian minister, but she never seems to have any problems. Having said that, if you have any ulterior motive of gaining converts, you're  wasting time here. We've heard everything you could possibly say and we're not buying it.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

stromboli

The problem with being a freethinker in my mind is that religion defines your thought process. If your belief is essentially orthodox, then you are not by our measure a freethinker. Religion by its nature sets boundaries on your belief- you can't believe that Buddha is a deity if Jesus/Elohim is the only true god entity. You cannot believe there is no hell if your religion prescribes one. You are limited by your dogma and your orthodoxy.

simply to call yourself a Christian and have beliefs outside of Christian orthodoxy means you are something else, a deist, agnostic or whatever. You haven't defined your beliefs. Identifying as Christian in itself is a vague definition at best.

Are you a Young Earth Creationist?
Do you believe in evolution?
Is the Bible the inerrant word of God?
You came here to discuss, that is what forums are for. So discuss. And trust me that you won't be bringing anything we haven't already dealt with.

stromboli

Bump. Don't want "yo" boy to feel left out.