News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Yo!

Started by will power, July 14, 2013, 01:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will power

Hey, my name is Will. Just awkwardly introducing myself....

Things about me:

*I love road cycling
*I'm in the process of changing my degree to an associates in Communications (originally Business Administration - Hr management)
*I've lived in the same house (in the country) for my whole life (19 years).
*I'm a Christian

I'm in the awkward stage in life where all my friends from high school are going to colleges in other states (sometimes even different countries) so in real life I don't really have anyone to talk to anymore. And I live in the country in the middle of nowhere so it's not like I can go out and readily meet new people. So I'd love to make some new friends here!

Plu

Welcome aboard. Aren't you going to a college somewhere yourself?

will power

Yep, I'm going to a small community college about 19 miles away. The atmosphere isn't that friendly though.

Plu

You didn't want to go to a big college? You'd think that people would want to go to a college with a good atmosphere, if they could :)

will power

I would love to, however, funds are not there. Tuition is only $1,500 or so per semester and I'm barely able to pay for that, as my parents aren't giving me financial support. I do have a job, but I'm also paying for car payments and whatnot. And I can't get a lone without a co-signer, and my parent's debt is so high that I got denied lones. So, unfortunately this is my only option. :p

Plu

Ah, sucks then :) Hope you can at least land a good job when you're done with college.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

Welcome aboard will power! Be prepared to be flamed, we even do it to atheist we don't agree with here.  :shock:  :rollin:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Brian37

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Solitary

[-X  Let's be nice until he starts to proselytize. He may be "sin"cere. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Welcome. I minored in Communications. What is your employment goal?

will power

Quote from: "Solitary"Welcome aboard will power! Be prepared to be flamed, we even do it to atheist we don't agree with here.  :shock:  :rollin:  Solitary

Haha it's alright, people flame others in any community - Christian communities included. I'm used to it by now. :)

EDIT:

Quote from: "stromboli"Welcome. I minored in Communications. What is your employment goal?

Thanks! My employment goal is hopefully to be a Customer service representative. I can still go into HR management with an associates in communications if I changed my mind, although business admin would look better on a resume for hr. I chose Communications simply because I can't afford 4 years of business admin, and I personally would enjoy a communications degree better than business admin.

stromboli

Even An Associates Degree looks good on a resume. I ended up working for the Defense Department, finally as an editor on technical publications.

Jmpty

About that communications degree

http://youtu.be/aDMKXFeBNVU
???  ??

stromboli

Quote from: "Jmpty"About that communications degree

http://youtu.be/aDMKXFeBNVU

Which is why I worked for the government, lol.