News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New here with a question

Started by streetskaterln91, July 12, 2013, 11:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

Quote from: "streetskaterln91"Hi, I just joined for one main reason. Ever since I came out to my family as an atheist my grandma periodically sends me emails to discuss certain topics. The problem is the points she tries making are so off base I have trouble following her thought process, and even more trouble finding a response. I was wondering if it's appropriate here to post her emails here to get some extra opinions before I respond. I often don't respond, and I have little free time to research topics lately so I find myself stuck trying to sort through these things.  Here is the last one she sent:  

In today's world, I have a relative question:  do you know why all the
countries that surround little Israel today are so against them?  Is it
political?  Economical?  ???   FYI there is a true historical answer based
on Scripture.

Abraham had two sons. Ishmael and Isaac.    Ishmael was about 13 yrs older
than Isaac, but Isaac was the son who was promised to Sara to bring forth
the nation of Israel through HIS geneology.  Ishmael was jealous.  He
started trouble all the time.  He was sent OUT of the land back then and
because of his jealousy he came against his brother and the "Muslim nations"
were born throughout the generations which include the nations surrounding
Israel today.  Guess what?  They are STILL fighting each other. the
geneology of Isaac's family and the geneology of Ishmael's family.   So why
are they against Israel and want that land?   Because of jealousy!  They HATE the Jews !   (but notice how God protects that little tiny country
because long ago, He made a vow to Abraham to give him that land. and more.. (to come yet).

This onewas relatively short luckily, I'll post more if I get good feedback from this. I just have trouble finding responses.. it seems she can be incorrect or flawed on many levels and I have trouble answering. Thanks to everyone who replies
It's not appropriate to publish your grandmother's emails. They were questions for you not everyone else.
Next any questions that she devises based on the bible is nonsensicle and have no merit. She would first have to prove that the bible is fact and that cannot be done.
So there you have it. Respect your grandmother's privacy and don't believe a damn thing that comes out of the bible!