News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who will get elected first?

Started by Eric1958, July 11, 2013, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Mermaid"
Quote from: "Eric1958"What a burn Mermaid. Come on both the Hispanic christian man and a woman have a decent chance.
I do not agree. The country that we are with the culture that we have is not ready for a female leader. As gross and stupid as it seems, I don't think we will evolve to that point for a long time.
I was pleasantly surprised when a non-white man was elected, so I hope I am wrong about this, but I do not think I am.

Think about the way Hillary Clinton, who is basically politically identical to Obama, is perceived by the public.
Also think about how Sarah Palin is perceived by the public.

I'm with you on that, Mermaid.   If any woman had a chance it might have been Hillary.   No Hillary? No dice.
Nope...........   it will be not-my-lifetime I think.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Johan

Quote from: "Mermaid"In chronological order:

A hispanic Christian man
A homosexual Christian man
A Jewish man
An atheist man
A housecat
A woman

This list lacks a few key details. Let me fix that.

A light skinned, very openly Christian hispanic man
A very Christian homosexual man who does not have a partner or want one
A Jewish man who runs against a ticket with Sarah Palin or someone equally as inept
An atheist man who looks like super model, has an outstanding track record and runs against a female candidate who looks like a lesbian
A common housecat
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Mermaid"In chronological order:

A hispanic Christian man
A homosexual Christian man
A Jewish man
An atheist man
A housecat
A woman

This list lacks a few key details. Let me fix that.

A light skinned, very openly Christian hispanic man
A very Christian homosexual man who does not have a partner or want one
A Jewish man who runs against a ticket with Sarah Palin or someone equally as inept
An atheist man who looks like super model, has an outstanding track record and runs against a female candidate who looks like a lesbian
A common housecat

Yes. Please.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

stromboli

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Eric1958"What do you think, will an atheist or a homsexual will get elected president of the USA first.
I would suspect we've already had both.
Abraham Lincoln and James Buchanan.   8-)

Cha ching! Nailed it!

AllPurposeAtheist

I doubt much of the public even perceives Hillary and Palin as being the same species much less gender.. At least I don't.
How about we elect a blind nun with a bullwhip and a bottle of gin? :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

mykcob4

Well we haven't had an openly gay president but James Buchannon was probably gay, and Nixon had a gay lover. Nixon loved Mafioso Bebe Rebozo. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/2 ... 71557.html

Mermaid

Nixon had a gay lover?  :shock:
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote from: "stromboli"
Quote from: "Hydra009"Abraham Lincoln and James Buchanan.   8-)
Cha ching! Nailed it!
Now the real question is which one was which.  :P