News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Who will get elected first?

Started by Eric1958, July 11, 2013, 02:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric1958

What do you think, will an atheist or a homsexual will get elected president of the USA first.

Gerard

The way it looks now probably a homosexual, but it is difficult to forecast. Any of the two possibilities is probably not going to happen in the very nearby future, so who knows how society will evolve in the mean time. Perhaps the acceptance of atheism will  catch up with the greater acceptance of homosexuals that is taking place now, in a few years or even decades. I think we will see a straight theist woman (a mormon straight theist woman?) before we see an atheist or a homosexual in the Presidency.

Gerard

mykcob4

Quote from: "Eric1958"What do you think, will an atheist or a homsexual will get elected president of the USA first.
Well the homosexual ofcourse. It seems that as of right now the new thing is to be pro gay. That would be fine if it were not a fad.  The last thing on the list of prejudices to get rid of is the prejudice against atheism. I have seen the list and that is a fact. The conservaturds will begrudge every single thing on the list. Just look at slavery, we are still fighting that one in some shape and form and that's been fought for over 100 years in this nation. Yes the very last thing that conservaturds will give in to is freedom of thought which is atheism. "Can't let the freethinkers have their way or the coprs will lose all control."

AllPurposeAtheist

A gay atheist woman.. of Muslim descent born to a Chinese black mother and a Russian Hispanic white dad adopted out to native Americans living in Alabama... (I just made that up)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mermaid

In chronological order:

A hispanic Christian man
A homosexual Christian man
A Jewish man
An atheist man
A housecat
A woman
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Johan

Quote from: "Eric1958"What do you think, will an atheist or a homsexual will get elected president of the USA first.
I would suspect we've already had both.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

The Skeletal Atheist

President Housecat will be remembered in history as the most nuke happy president ever.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hydra009

Quote from: "Johan"
I would suspect we've already had both.
Abraham Lincoln and James Buchanan.   8-)

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Mermaid"In chronological order:

A hispanic Christian man
A homosexual Christian man
A Jewish man
An atheist man
A housecat
A woman
Because us American value catching mice over women unless she can catch mice. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Eric1958

What a burn Mermaid. Come on both the Hispanic christian man and a woman have a decent chance. If a Mormon can have a reasonable chance of making it, almost anyone should be able to. Anybody who can convince themselves that Joe smith found hidden gold plates, translated the writing, but can not show anybody else the actual plates and expects to be taken seriously. Well, face it, as a species we have a lot of evolving yet to do.

Jason78

I'm going to buck the trend here and say there'll be an armed revolution in the USA before that happens.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gerard

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"A gay atheist woman.. of Muslim descent born to a Chinese black mother and a Russian Hispanic white dad adopted out to native Americans living in Alabama... (I just made that up)

But before that APA will be elected President!

Gerard

Brian37

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"President Housecat will be remembered in history as the most nuke happy president ever.

GRUMPY CAT 2016!  Oh wait, is Boener running? No, sorry Boener is Tan Granny's husband.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Well we do have a couple of Muslims and an atheist in congress.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Mermaid

Quote from: "Eric1958"What a burn Mermaid. Come on both the Hispanic christian man and a woman have a decent chance.
I do not agree. The country that we are with the culture that we have is not ready for a female leader. As gross and stupid as it seems, I don't think we will evolve to that point for a long time.
I was pleasantly surprised when a non-white man was elected, so I hope I am wrong about this, but I do not think I am.

Think about the way Hillary Clinton, who is basically politically identical to Obama, is perceived by the public.
Also think about how Sarah Palin is perceived by the public.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR